Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returning to USA for our wedding

Just wondering if anyone can help my partner and I. Dan is a USC with permenant residency in Australia. We live in Australia. We would like to return to the USA to get married and then fly home to Aust. I overstayed a VWP visa a couple of years ago. I am subject to the 3year ban. Can anyone suggest a visa that I might be able to get. Is there a fiance visa that I would be elligble for, and able to get? Would we be better off to get married here and then visit the US for a second ceremony that our families could attend? Any suggestions? A lawyer that we spoke to mentioned that we could go to the US embassy and discuss our options with them, don't know if this is a good idea? Anyone???

Just wondering if anyone can help my partner and I. Dan is a USC with permenant residency in Australia. We live in Australia. We would like to return to the USA to get married and then fly home to Aust. I overstayed a VWP visa a couple of years ago. I am subject to the 3year ban. Can anyone suggest a visa that I might be able to get. Is there a fiance visa that I would be elligble for, and able to get? Would we be better off to get married here and then visit the US for a second ceremony that our families could attend? Any suggestions? A lawyer that we spoke to mentioned that we could go to the US embassy and discuss our options with them, don't know if this is a good idea? Anyone???

Comment

Considering you will be married to a USC it could not hurt to go the the embassy and s[peak with them in regards to your options. I would speak with them, and if Dan is in the US have him speak with a lawyer, because once you are married he will need to file for you anyways...or he should. You could get married in Australia and then again in the US so your familes could attend, however it may take some time. But speak with the Embassy, they would know more on this.

Comment

K-1 (fiancee) visa or K-3 (marry there and have 2nd ceremony in US) are possibilities. I'm told that overstays are often overlooked with those visas, particularly the K-3.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation