Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if mistakes made in Affidavit Of Support?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if mistakes made in Affidavit Of Support?

I'm married to a USC and filing for Ad. of Status. I've submitted my application for adjustment of status last week. I completed them by myself and sent them in. Now, I've found that made two small mistakes in that form, which are:
    1.) Number of Household size - Instead of putting 1 in the second line which is for me, I put 0. Then instead of putting 0 in the third line, I put 1. Though, the total household in line 5 is correct which is 2 (my wife and me).
    2.) We use only her income to qualify. I put her 2004 income, but I didn't put the total household income. The two should be the same value, though.

What happens if this has already happened and I already sent them in? Will it take longer time than usual - like over one year.

Help, please.
    Thanks.

Ntique

I'm married to a USC and filing for Ad. of Status. I've submitted my application for adjustment of status last week. I completed them by myself and sent them in. Now, I've found that made two small mistakes in that form, which are:
    1.) Number of Household size - Instead of putting 1 in the second line which is for me, I put 0. Then instead of putting 0 in the third line, I put 1. Though, the total household in line 5 is correct which is 2 (my wife and me).
    2.) We use only her income to qualify. I put her 2004 income, but I didn't put the total household income. The two should be the same value, though.

What happens if this has already happened and I already sent them in? Will it take longer time than usual - like over one year.

Help, please.
    Thanks.

Ntique

Comment

as long as it is innocent and not showing mala fide...you should be fine

Comment

No problem... actually immigration checks the affidavit of support on the date of the interview, so you will be able to change it

Comment

ntique,thats not the case.
          The NVC will review your documents and if they find mistakes in it they would return the form to you with a note and pointing out mistakes.They don't miss out anything,they look at I-864 very precisely.
          I sent my form,it had some mistakes,they duly returned it for rectification.All this consumes extra time and delays the process untill all is clear.

Comment

Thaks to three of you above. Mus, What do you mean when you say that's not the case? Happygolucky and Williammaria say that's okay. Which one should I take?

Mus, if it were the way you said, how long does it probably take to make them all clear? And, will they review it on the day of interview or not?

Comment

i would say, it really depends upon the kind of mistake one makes. if it substantially affects the out come of the case then nvc may ask for immediate correction, otherwise they may wait for the interview date...it really varies from case to case

Comment

You won't have any problem.... you can even send your initial application without the affidavit of support and bring it on the date of the interview.....

Comment

Thanks so much.

I'll be looking forward to having a fingerprint appointment and the interview also.

Ntique

Comment

I disagree with williamaria when he says it is better to bring the Affidavit of Support at interview rather than send it to NVC.
                    Trust me,it is a whole lot better to get everything sorted out at NVC's level even if they return it 2 times.This way you will be saved from the pain of rejection at the interview level and the Consulate will have as little work to do as made simpler by NVC.
                    As I understand NVC takes 2 weeks to review the documents and if found wanting they return it to the petitioner pointing out the precise mistakes.They are supposed to return it a maximum of 2 times and if there are any missing docs and the form is still incomplete then after 2 attempts they forward the whole file to the consulate or embassy in any case and the applicant is left to sort it out with the consulate which I personally think is a greater hardship than letting NVC do it for you.Hope it helps.

Comment

I didn't write that it was more convenient to bring the affidavit of support on the date of the interview... I wrote that you can file your initial documents without the affidavit of support since it will be reviewed on the date of the interview... You can even change it when the interview comes if you filed it with your initial application.....
                      I'm sure of this because we consulted an attorney on this issue....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation