X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifascist1
    replied
    she did option number 2. Should we bother to fill out I-485 or just fill out I-130?
    Don't even bother to AOS in US then. But do I-130 and have her processed in Colombia. She will need to file waiver.

Good luck,

IE

P.S. Ignore the ****sterheads.

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    AOS means antifascist's A s s Over S e x.

Leave a comment:

• Candyjenny
    replied
    What does AOS mean and yes she did option number 2. Should we bother to fill out I-485 or just fill out I-130?

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    if choice #1 file all the paperwork and u will be fine. no big deal
    Provided that he is a USC.

If choice #2 she will have to return to her home country ...
    That's correct.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    duh...

the following makes a huge difference

1.did your wife enter with a valid visa and overstayed?

2. or did she sneak in thru mexico uninspected?

if choice #1 & u are USC, file all the paperwork and u will be fine. no big deal

If choice #2 she will have to return to her home country before she can do any type of AOS. It cannot be done on US soil. A waiver will have to be filed and approved. it may take some time. I-130 will always be approved , but it will not allow her to remain here or adjust status.

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    If the illegal alien works in an ICE factory, she can throw those ICE at these immigration agents who come to arrest her.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    great....another village i d i o t that aids and abets illegal aliens.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    1. I-130 with backlogged PD will do nothing to prevent deportation, but I-485 based on immediate relative petition will.

2. As long as she doesn't 'stick her head out' chances of her being apprehended in raids is probably less than 1/1000 (I don't know statistics, but it would be a safe bet to say that out of 12 million illegals only thousands actually get apprehended during those raids).

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    Yes, it's very risky doing nothing. Apply or file something to justify her stay in the US. And advise her not to buy or mix her drink with too much ICE even if the weather is hot. Because ICE might go after her.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    I would suggest you file form I-130 with I-485, along with all supporting documents. If you are a USC married to an alien, the process will not be that complicated. If you are a LPR, then I suggest an immigration attorney for additional options.

Leave a comment:

• Candyjenny
    replied
    Hi,

Immigration and ICE has been raiding local businesses lately and taking illegals. I got married to a Colombian woman here in the US, she is here illegally and we have not filled out any petitions or forms yet because some people tell us it wont do any good and others say we should. We are afraid the ICE could raid her workplace and deport her but we were told that if we filed the paperwork like I-130. I 864 etc....that if ICE raided because she had paperwork in the "pipeline" and her case was under review that they could not take her, is this true, does anyone know anything about this?

Leave a comment:

• Candyjenny
    started a topic Immigration/ICE raids on workplace???

Immigration/ICE raids on workplace???

Hi,

Immigration and ICE has been raiding local businesses lately and taking illegals. I got married to a Colombian woman here in the US, she is here illegally and we have not filled out any petitions or forms yet because some people tell us it wont do any good and others say we should. We are afraid the ICE could raid her workplace and deport her but we were told that if we filed the paperwork like I-130. I 864 etc....that if ICE raided because she had paperwork in the "pipeline" and her case was under review that they could not take her, is this true, does anyone know anything about this?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney