X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
      ok owe some state taxes for my store and some credit cards ,,and i didnt get the chance to pay them off bcoz i left the country,,,but its all less than $10.000 ,,is this ganna affect my i-130 process or the visa or no?does the immigration look at personal and state tax when they process the form or no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>\
      Debts will not affect your immigration situation, either hurting or helping you. If personal debts are canceled, it is income on your federal tax return unless you either meet one of the exceptions. You can contact your state department of taxation and see what type of installment plans they have for you to pay off the taxes.

Immigration looks at whether you have filed federal tax returns for the past three years, generally, but do not look at personal debt such as credit cards.

Your SS@ was canceled either because the right to work was canceled or your conditional residency was canceled. This is a normal procedure, but if your immigration situation allows you to enter the US again, permanantly, then your SS@ will be reactivated.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
        ok owe some state taxes for my store and some credit cards ,,and i didnt get the chance to pay them off bcoz i left the country,,,but its all less than $10.000 ,,is this ganna affect my i-130 process or the visa or no?does the immigration look at personal and state tax when they process the form or no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I regularly pay my bills when I am out of the country, the wonders of on line banking.

I thought your wife was in the US, can not she make arrangements on your behalf.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation