Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Residency

My fiancee is an American citizen, a Georgia resident but currently a medical student . We want to get married soon and she wants to file for me. What are our chances since we don't live together now? we are both students and we also planned to hire a lawyer.

[This message was edited by Yemi Ojo on February 20, 2004 at 11:46 AM.]

[This message was edited by Yemi Ojo on February 20, 2004 at 11:49 AM.]

My fiancee is an American citizen, a Georgia resident but currently a medical student . We want to get married soon and she wants to file for me. What are our chances since we don't live together now? we are both students and we also planned to hire a lawyer.

[This message was edited by Yemi Ojo on February 20, 2004 at 11:46 AM.]

[This message was edited by Yemi Ojo on February 20, 2004 at 11:49 AM.]

Comment

hi Yemi Ojo,

There is nothing wrong that you don't live together .... U r still not married ... she is just your fiancée ... you can marry her and file AOS .... Good luck ... Pasha

Comment

High School in Nigeria??

-= nav =-

Comment

yes moondin, we met in high school.

[This message was edited by Yemi Ojo on February 20, 2004 at 01:16 PM.]

Comment

Thanks Pasha for your response but even after marriage we might not live together immediately because of school. Does that affect us, i mean our chances in anyway.
            Originally posted by Pasha Patel:

hi Yemi Ojo,

There is nothing wrong that you don't live together .... U r still not married ... she is just your fiancée ... you can marry her and file AOS .... Good luck ... Pasha

Comment

If the marriage is genuine you have nothing to worry about. The circumstances you described are everyday kinda things and USCIS will understand.

Just keep proof of your long distance relationship (phonebills, letters, planetickets of visits, etc.).

http://www.immigrate2us.net
              I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be one so please double-check any information given by me, or anyone else for that matter, with a certified (immigration)lawyer before you take any further steps.

Comment

Hi Yemi ojo,

Don't worry about that ... it will not affect your immigration process or status at all ...as long as you have a valid reason ...and you got valid reason in this case .... I have read more than 10 cases like this on this and other board and immigration lawyers have given the same advices ....yes as xandtrick suggested you ... keep all evidences of your contacts.... Wish u all the best ... Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation