Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLZ HELP..WHICH FORM TO I USE?

HELLO EVERYONE. WELL HERES MY SITUATION, MY HUSBAND IS A NATURALIZE US CITIZEN AND HE WANTS TO PETITION FOR HIS MOTHER TO BECOME A PERMANT RESIDENT. SHE LIVES IN MEXICO AND HAS A VISTOR'S VISA WHICH EXPIRES IN DECEMBER. WE DO NOT KNOW WHICH FORMS WE NEED TO FILL OUT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH WHICH FORMS TO USE? ALSO ARE WE TO HAVE THEM DONE HERE OR IN MEXICO. WE WERE TOLD THAT IT IS CHEAPER TO FILE IN MEXICO. IS THAT TRUE?
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

HELLO EVERYONE. WELL HERES MY SITUATION, MY HUSBAND IS A NATURALIZE US CITIZEN AND HE WANTS TO PETITION FOR HIS MOTHER TO BECOME A PERMANT RESIDENT. SHE LIVES IN MEXICO AND HAS A VISTOR'S VISA WHICH EXPIRES IN DECEMBER. WE DO NOT KNOW WHICH FORMS WE NEED TO FILL OUT. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH WHICH FORMS TO USE? ALSO ARE WE TO HAVE THEM DONE HERE OR IN MEXICO. WE WERE TOLD THAT IT IS CHEAPER TO FILE IN MEXICO. IS THAT TRUE?
    THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Comment

Don't you think there are enough Mexicans here already???

Comment

Jasmine, is your mother-in-law in USA or Mexico now?

If she is in Mexico:
        your husband files I-130 with the supporting documents (read the instructions) at USCIS Service center which covers his place of residency. On the form, he writes that the beneficiary is in Mexico and which cunsulate she is closest to (where she wishes to be interviewed).
        After the I-130 approval, there will be some other documents to fill out (NVC will send them to your husband), after that the file will be sent to the consulate in Mexico.

If she is in USA:
        your husband files I-130 and his mother I-485, to be sent together with the other supporting documents (read the instructions). The mother will be scheduled for an interview at the local USCIS office.

I am not sure what you mean by "have them done in Mexico" or what davdah means with "go directly to the consular". If you refer to the situation when the patitioner (your husband) submits I-130 at the consulate in Mexico, it can be done ONLY if your husband is living in Mexico.

Comment

sorry in 2003 not 2002

Comment

Thanks to all of you who helped. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation