Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved!! Now what?

The USCIS has approved my I-130 petition to allow my wife to come to the US from Italy! We have been waiting since last November....

Now...will she be notified in Italy for her interview and medical exam?

The USCIS has approved my I-130 petition to allow my wife to come to the US from Italy! We have been waiting since last November....

Now...will she be notified in Italy for her interview and medical exam?

Comment

Next the approved I-130 will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). After that:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1315.html

What Does the National Visa Center Do?

After a Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in the United States approves the petition, it sends the petition to the National Visa Center (NVC). NVC does the following:

Assigns a case number

Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date.

Sends the bill for the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support processing to the petitioner

Sends the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support to the petitioner after the petitioner pays the I-864 processing fee

Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC

Sends an instruction package to the agent after the agent pays the immigrant visa application processing fee, form DS-230

Reviews information for technical correctness and completeness.

Sends the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete

Note: It is important to follow instructions from the NVC carefully. Send the NVC only those things that it asks for.

This whole process from the NVC receiving approved I-130 and the interview date set up might takes 2-5 months if you prompt in your correspondence with the NVC.

Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed steps...it's the waiting that is painful...but we are getting closer to the end of this paper trail and closer to the start of our life together.

Comment

what if petitioner is out on temporary basis...... like out of US on a re-entry permit how would then one get form I-864 processed.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation