• Show
Clear All

• got a sponsor!! have questions please help

nm
    Gatoradenz

nm
    Gatoradenz

Comment

Go by the name that you are legally under. Meaning the name that you would formally sign a legal document with...such as the name on yur passport. Many times they will ask for your maiden name if you are female, but file under the one your visa is under, or passport.

Comment

I am so happy for you, Gator!

I filed everything under my married name, which I changed on my SSN only, and indicated my maiden name on all documents (if it asked for maiden or "other" names).

Good luck!

Comment

That's sounds about right. There is almost always a space for "all other names used." Just put your maiden name there. If you changed your name on your social security number, then that is your legal name. It's best to be as consistent as possible with your name, at least here in the States. If you want to hyphenate, for example, do it EVERY time. If you want to just use your husband's name, do it EVERY time. I know in some countries women don't take thier husband's names.......In Mexico, for example, women often use thier father's name followed by thier mother's name then they attatch "de" and thier husband's name. I think it's a beautiful tradition, but that sort of thing just confuses people in this country who aren't familiar with those traditions.
          Have a nice day

Comment

It doesn't really make any difference .... Whatever name you are using as legal ...use that one ... my wife hasn't changed her name and I don't mind ..... so don't worry abt it .... Good luck...Pasha

Comment

Thanks for all the replys, I rang Immigration in the end as I had tons of other questions and didnt want to bug everybody on here with them. She told me to use my married name, and to put my maiden name on 'other names used'.
              Gatoradenz

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed