Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another sucessful border crossing using an I-551 Stamp...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another sucessful border crossing using an I-551 Stamp...

Just thought I would let everyone know that yet again, I was able to cross the border with no issues whatsoever... Currently all I have is the I-551 stamp in my passport - no GC in the mail yet...

ARQU

Just thought I would let everyone know that yet again, I was able to cross the border with no issues whatsoever... Currently all I have is the I-551 stamp in my passport - no GC in the mail yet...

ARQU

Comment

So after the stamp is given, one CAN cross the border? I have seen so many difering answers, but you did sooooooooo....... I am guessing you can with the stamp. Great news to hear that you were able to cross and get back safely!!! Keep us posted!!!

Comment

Reina90:

Yes, you certainly can cross the border with only a valid I-551 stamp in your passport. I have done it at least 10 or 15 times in the last year or two...

I used to have a 2yr GC which then expired. I was then able to cross the border easily with my expired GC and my 1yr extension (NOA) after I filed the I-751. When the extension expired, I got antoher 1yr i-551 stamp which I was able to use with no problems as well. Now my I-751 was apporved and they gave me a new I-551 stamp (still only good for 1yr) which I used yesterday.

The only 'problem' I have ever had was when I returned from Belgium in Feb - they took me into the office to verify that the stamp was authentic - a 15 minute delay...

So - as long as you have the valid I-551, you can travel with confidence... I personally have returned from Japan, Europe, Canada, Brazil and the Carribean with no problems...

BTW - I also carry some documents with me just in case... While I was waiting for my I-751 to be processed, I would simply carry a photocopy of the relevant paperwork with me in case I had some issues - but I have never had ANY....

ARQU

Comment

That is GREAT news!! We are still waiting to be interviewed, but want to have ALL my ducks in a row for when that day comes! It has been ALONG time since hubby has seen his mom and dad and was wanting to know if one had to wait for the plastic. I have a million copies of anything having to do with Immigration and will surely go armed with a binder full of it! lol..Thank you much for sharing your expereiences!!

Comment

I assume he does have his actual I-551 stamp - not simply an AOS filing... Correct?

Otherwise he will need advanced parole...

ARQU

Comment

We're not going until after he gets his stamp for AOS. We haven't been called for an interview yet. He is not elegible for Advanced Parole. I am just getting information for WHEN he does get his GC stamp. I know he can not leave without that.

Comment

That is what I thought - just wanted to be sure... Oh yes, remember to ask about the I-551 stamp at the end of the interview - they may not automatically stamp it...

ARQU

Comment

ARQU,

also, i suppose that they stamp ur passport with a new I-551 stamp. afer removal of conditions. Now does this stamp say approved for temporary evidence of LPR or there is no such word as temporary. Also you class should be now IR6 right? Does it say that anywhere?

Comment

Immu:

Short answers:

Yes they do (and they take away your 2yr GC.)
                    No - the word 'temporary' is not anywhere.
                    Yes - it says IR6.

Hope that helps...

Arqu

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources