Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specter's Immigration Reforem Bill??

"No votes were taken on the issue because of a lack of a quorum. The committee was scheduled to meet again Thursday on the immigration bill."

No senators even showing up on the debate.What gonna happen to this bill?Is there going to be any reform bill or bill will go nowhere??

look into this urL:
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

"No votes were taken on the issue because of a lack of a quorum. The committee was scheduled to meet again Thursday on the immigration bill."

No senators even showing up on the debate.What gonna happen to this bill?Is there going to be any reform bill or bill will go nowhere??

look into this urL:
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Comment

Apparently, a lot of Senators are afraid of actually having to be accountable for their actions. But there are almost 3 weeks left til Bill Frist's deadline.

Comment

Specter's bill would only make things worse:
        - illegals not given a chance of permanent residency would stay in US and not leave.
        - new 10 millions guest workers would arrive and would overstay after their visas expired.

So after 6 years number of illegal aliens would be 21 millions.

Not giving automatic permanent residence after 6 years of working in US is not a good idea.

In UK everybody is granted permanent residence after:
        - 5 years of legal employment and residence;
        - 11 years of illegal employment and residence.

Every foreign worker has in mind to settle in US permanently not only work temporarily and leave.

Comment

Specter Bill in TOTALITY is GREAT !

But political climate is not ripe for it.
          It won't pass as is (if anything at all passess Congress this year).

Life as usual.

Comment

The American people are opposed to illegal immigration. They are fed up with people who show no regard for America's sovereignty and rule-of-law.

NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS. SENATOR SPECTER'S BILL, AND ALL OTHER AMNESTY BILLS, ARE...WELL, CAN ANYONE SAY DUBAI WORLD PORTS?

Comment

SunDevilUSA,

Isn't it strange that you talk like this now, when just a year ago you were here unlawfully.

Comment

NO , DUBAI WORLD PORTS IS CONTROVERSIAL FROM SECURITY POINT ISSUE !
                ALLOWING UAE TO RUN PORTS THROUGH THE US MAY POSE REAL THREAT TO THE US SECURITY.

BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM (WHERE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF BENEFICIARIES WOULD BE NON-ARAB MEXICANS) IT IS REALLY HARD TO SHOWE IT DOWN THE THROATS THAT ALL THOSE MEXICANS ARE THREAT TO SECURITY AS UAE OR ARABS.

BESIDES, IT IS VERY SECURITY DEMANDS THAT CALL FOR REGISTRATION AND BACKGROUND CHECKS OF 12 MLN PEOPLE CURRENTLY PRESENT HERE - AMONG WHOM THERE COULD BE HIDING REAL CRIMINALS AND TERRORISTS.

KNOWING THAT THERE WON'T BE ENOUGH MONEY TO DEPORT 12 MLN, YET STILL OPPOSING TO REGISTER THOSE ILLEGAL ALIENS?

NOW WHAT WAS THAT WORD YOU DIDN'T LIKE?

YES!!! ANTI-MEXICAN RACISM !!! AND MILLION TIMES I WILL REPEAT IT: YOU ARE A RACIST AND NOTHING ELSE !!!

NOW I CARE NOT HOW UNCOMFORTABLE YOU ARE WITH THIS TRUTH, BUT I WON'T LIE AND WON'T DEVISE "POLITICALLY CORRECT" DEFINITION TO DESCRIBE YOUR TRUE MOTIVES AND INTENTIONS - WHEN IT IS CLEAR AND OBVIOUS BEYOUND ANY DOUBT THAT YOU ARE NOTHING BUT ANTI-MEXICAN RACIST !

Comment

I have never been in America illegally :-)

Comment

Where did this guy get that idea that the only illegal aliens in this country are Mexicans? For that matter, many Mexicans are of Arab ancestry. Carlos Slim Helu, the third richest man in the world, is a Mexican of Lebanese ancestry, as is actress Salma Hayek.

Furthermore, having discriminated against legal immigrants by ignoring illegal ones, are we now to single out only Mexicans among illegals? Are we to tell Pakistani (Muslim) illegals, for example, that they can't legalize while Mexicans can? If this guy is going to scream "racism", he'd better clean his own house first.

Comment

Prometheus: Well, aren't you a little touchy this morning. I can tell from your rantings that you're more than a little irrational.

Let me guess: you're yet another illegal alien Mexican? Does anyone from Mexico ever enter America legally?

For your information, I used the reference to Dubai World Ports to illustrate that something that appeared to be a done deal was, in fact, D.O.A. - just like amnesty for illegal alien lawbreakers (whether Mexican or non-Mexican).

You assert that Mexicans are not a threat to America's security. Obviously you don't live in the real world. Have you seen the chaos in the north of Mexico? The drug gangs, the human smugglers? The illegal aliens shooting at our Border Patrol Agents? The Mexican military (such as it is) entering America's territory?

Like the old saying goes: with friends like Mexico, who needs enemies?

You should be aware that, simply because I have zero respect for Mexico, that does not mean that I am a racist...and I resent your assertion. I have no respect for Mexico because I witness Mexico's behavior and actions. Quite honestly, if I was a Mexican, I'd be ashamed of my country.

I owe my patriotism to America; Mexico means nothing to me.

Comment

YEAH, YEAH , ALIBA ! THERE IS NO SUCH NATIONALITY AS "MEXICANS", THEY ARE ALL BUT ARABS OF LEBANESE ANCESTRY

I GUESS STUPIDITY GOES HAND-IN-HAND WITH FASCISM

Comment

UH, SUNDEVILUSA TALKS ABOUT BEING RATIONAL ?

NOW THE FASCISTS ARE GOING TO TEACH ME WHAT IS RATIONALE

P.S. BTW I am NOT Mexican, I am a White-Caucasian and never-ever entered the US illegally.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation