Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married to a USC & now Pregnant What can I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to a USC & now Pregnant What can I do?

Hello everyone,
    I need advise. I hope you can help.
    I came to the US under a tourist visa B1/B2. The I94 is valid until Dec2008. The visa is valid until the year 2017. Recently, I got married and now I'm pregnant. My husband is a USC, doesn't posses the income for the sponsor. We don't have anybody to co-sponsor. Any idea on how much assets do I need to sponsor myself? Also, If we don't file any paperwork (I130, etc) can I leave the US and enter at a later time, or would the Consulate in my country cancel my visa? Can I remain in the US by filing I130 only? I'm afraid to start the process and not be able to leave, besides I don't have Insurance to cover the maternity in the US. Please advise! Thank you!!!

yet another lying visa cheat.....who is now whining for "help" because she's too irresponsible and stupid to obey our laws.
    It's really a shame watching the human gene pool being compromised by so many dunderheads.

Comment

they always know what they are doing.
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Dear "Someone12 & MakeitRight!"
        F.Y.I.
        I have been a crewmember for the past 10 years, I had over 7 visas to the US, between C1/D1 seaman's visas, and B1/B2 tourist's visas. So, as you can imagine I have travel around the world, speak over 3 languages, enter the US over 500 times, and just happened to be that on my last trip this year08, I met my dear husband.
        We got married 'cause we love each other, and 'cause believe it or not, we wanted to "Make it Right", and get marry before having ***. Can you believe it???... We are adults over 35+ that didn't want to waste anymore time.
        Also, I don't mind at all going back to my country, called: "Panama's Paradise", I am concerned about the baby, and 'cause in fact, the US Immigration service is so "cool", not!!! that's the main reason.
        Anyway, I tell you what else, the reason I join this site, was 'cause I read other post and it seemed like people were helping other people out, but I guess not. Not to worry, thank you for your time.
        Best Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Davittorina:
          F.Y.I.
          I have been a crewmember for the past 10 years, I had over 7 visas to the US, between C1/D1 seaman's visas, and B1/B2 tourist's visas. So, as you can imagine I have travel around the world, speak over 3 languages, enter the US over 500 times, and just happened to be that on my last trip this year08, I met my dear husband.
          We got married 'cause we love each other, and 'cause believe it or not, we wanted to "Make it Right", and get marry before having ***. Can you believe it???... We are adults over 35+ that didn't want to waste anymore time.
          Also, I don't mind at all going back to my country, called: "Panama's Paradise", I am concerned about the baby, and 'cause in fact, the US Immigration service is so "cool", not!!! that's the main reason.
          Anyway, I tell you what else, the reason I join this site, was 'cause I read other post and it seemed like people were helping other people out, but I guess not. Not to worry, thank you for your time.
          Best Regards,
          FINALY The important Stuff Revealed! .
          You Will receive all kinds of answers. Don't give Up!!! Is The Lack Of Information That Brings About Anticipation For negative! Good Luck.
          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

F.Y.I.
            Best Regards,

Good Job! As you see unfortunately there are some idiots and haters on this forum. If you look at other posts from other people you'll see that all they do (always the same people), everyday/7 days a week is writing comments like this, being mean, sarcastic and full of hate.

I think this is how they get sexually fulfilled (they probably get their ******s reading that someone is having problems with immigration bureaucracy) or it's their way to relief the overall frustration about themselves. Probably they only "success" of their life is being born in America. How sad...They're nothing but losers. Complete morons.

I've had a post on this forum some time ago and believe me, I got the same s.h.i.t from them. I also got aggravated and wrote them back, but in fact all they deserve is being ignored. Like you, I am a highly educated person (Masters degree in Law in my country), speak 4 languages, had a very good job in my country and THE ONE AND ONLY REASON I am here is because I fell in love with an American. All I was looking at this forum was some immigration advice because no matter how good our intentions are -a small mistake and the immigration procedures can turn out into an ordeal.

Now - to answer your question: Based on my experience with immigration I can only give you one advice. Do not do anything by yourself at this point. Especially if your husband does not qualify to be your sponsor. My situation was somewhat similar (you'll find my post around July 25) and I end up being denied. Now it is going to cost me much more money plus stress to fix the situation. I filed all my papers myself but there were certain things which I could not know and no way they depended on me at that point (like my husbands tax returns). So my advice is - get a lawyer, this is the only way in your situation. The poverty guidelines for last year were something around 28 000/ year if I remember well. So you would need to have that much as far as your income. But don't do anything without a lawyer because if something goes wrong it will backfire at you. Be very careful with choosing the right lawyer (he must specialize in immigration law only).

P.S. There are also some very decent people on this forum, they helped me with their advices and were very nice. Don't give up on this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by agnieszka:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davittorina:
              F.Y.I.
              Best Regards,

Good Job! As you see unfortunately there are some idiots and haters on this forum. If you look at other posts from other people you'll see that all they do (always the same people), everyday/7 days a week is writing comments like this, being mean, sarcastic and full of hate.

I think this is how they get sexually fulfilled (they probably get their ******s reading that someone is having problems with immigration bureaucracy) or it's their way to relief the overall frustration about themselves. Probably they only "success" of their life is being born in America. How sad...They're nothing but losers. Complete morons.

I've had a post on this forum some time ago and believe me, I got the same s.h.i.t from them. I also got aggravated and wrote them back, but in fact all they deserve is being ignored. Like you, I am a highly educated person (Masters degree in Law in my country), speak 4 languages, had a very good job in my country and THE ONE AND ONLY REASON I am here is because I fell in love with an American. All I was looking at this forum was some immigration advice because no matter how good our intentions are -a small mistake and the immigration procedures can turn out into an ordeal.

Now - to answer your question: Based on my experience with immigration I can only give you one advice. Do not do anything by yourself at this point. Especially if your husband does not qualify to be your sponsor. My situation was somewhat similar (you'll find my post around July 25) and I end up being denied. Now it is going to cost me much more money plus stress to fix the situation. I filed all my papers myself but there were certain things which I could not know and no way they depended on me at that point (like my husbands tax returns). So my advice is - get a lawyer, this is the only way in your situation. The poverty guidelines for last year were something around 28 000/ year if I remember well. So you would need to have that much as far as your income. But don't do anything without a lawyer because if something goes wrong it will backfire at you. Be very careful with choosing the right lawyer (he must specialize in immigration law only).

P.S. There are also some very decent people on this forum, they helped me with their advices and were very nice. Don't give up on this forum! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always Agenda, And hidden motivation Of each and Every poster. Get The Good Out of it and Discard The Bad.

You Can always Distinguish Between Those That Have Been Affected By The Deceit Of The immigrant And Those not! however, In The End Everyone Of The Senior and Power Members Just Want. TRUTH! JUSTICE! And thee American Way!!! Cheaters Are Tricky! And So Be It The Method Of The Board!
              Years Ago Any Seeker With Deceit and bad Intentions Could Receive Help From All!!! Until The Victims Of Such Matters Increased In Numbers, To The Point That Protecting The Virtues, And Lifestyle Dear To True Americans Came Forth To deter Those With Agenda To Use Others For personal Agenda and Gain!!!

Comment

davittorina: I have never had a single visa for the US...because I am an American citizen...I have not lied, cheated or slimed my way into more than 24 countries, while speaking 4 languages.....you LIED to our immigration authorities when you entered MY country claiming to be a "tourist" in order to visit a "friend" and then, by some miracle, you sat on the wrong toilet seat and got pregnant...so I have no sympathy for your bs, nor do I believe more than about three words of your tear-****ing posting (designed, no doubt, to try and elicit sympathy from some dodo readers while covering up your true intentions when you entered MY country as a bogus tourist and married some enema bag cleaner who lives in a trailer.

Comment

Davittorina, welcome to ILW

I don't have advice I am afraid as I don't have experience in this area but I just want to say to please ignore the idiots like someone12, he has bad manners and thinks he owns America and decides who should enter and leave.

Please come back tomorrow where hopefully some of the helpful members with knowledge will give you some answers

Every forum have their village idiots as they say.

All the best to you
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    I came to the US under a tourist visa B1/B2. The I94 is valid until Dec2008. The visa is valid until the year 2017. Recently, I got married and now I'm pregnant. My husband is a USC, doesn't posses the income for the sponsor. We don't have anybody to co-sponsor. Any idea on how much assets do I need to sponsor myself? Also, If we don't file any paperwork (I130, etc) can I leave the US and enter at a later time, or would the Consulate in my country cancel my visa? Can I remain in the US by filing I130 only? I'm afraid to start the process and not be able to leave, besides I don't have Insurance to cover the maternity in the US. Please advise! Thank you!!!
                    Your situation is very interesting to say the least! You definately need a sponsor. While it is okay for poor people to get married, uscis needs someone to assume responsbility of the beneficiary as not to become the resposbility of the government.

See if your husband has a family member or friend that is willing to sponsor. By the way if you have the money, you can sponsor yourself. remember you are now married thus your money is your husband's too. Case and point you can support yourself in the USA. Just make sure your husband fills out the form with the assets and all the bank accounts.

I am sure no hospital will turn you away when you when its time to give birth.

You can always go and come as you wish as long as you have not filed any papers with uscis and have always left before your visa expired.

Oh, you don't particularly need a lawyer for this type of case. You just need to be smart on how you go about it.

Good luck to you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by floyd:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davittorina:
                      Hello everyone,
                      Your situation is very interesting to say the least! You definately need a sponsor. While it is okay for poor people to get married, uscis needs someone to assume responsbility of the beneficiary as not to become the resposbility of the government.

See if your husband has a family member or friend that is willing to sponsor. By the way if you have the money, you can sponsor yourself. remember you are now married thus your money is your husband's too. Case and point you can support yourself in the USA. Just make sure your husband fills out the form with the assets and all the bank accounts.

I am sure no hospital will turn you away when you when its time to give birth.

You can always go and come as you wish as long as you have not filed any papers with uscis and have always left before your visa expired.

Oh, you don't particularly need a lawyer for this type of case. You just need to be smart on how you go about it.

Good luck to you and yours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you leave at this point and come back and tell the truth at the POE, you will most likely be denied entrance because now you have IMMIGRANT INTENT.

If you lie at the POE and not disclose that you are here to see your husband etc,, then most likely when you do go to adjust status that your case will be denied for FRAUD, and you will not get AOS.

Roll the dice if you wish by that advice, but it seems to me a big gamble.

BTW. who is paying for the birth of your child if you choose to have it here??? Whatever co sponser that signs for you will be responsible for footing the bill. Just curious, as it seems that being over 35 as you say.. would hint at being responsible enough to use birth control. If you have insurance in your country of origin, then the proper channel to go is to give birth in your country. Your child will still be a us citizen based on father. This would seem a responsible choice for the situation . File K3 package.

Comment

Dear Davdah, Agnieszka, Sprint_girl07, Floyd,
                        Thank you all for your advise.

I think will probably go to an immigration lawyer, just to make sure not to s*** up with CIS!
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        "We must educate people today for a future in which the choices to be faced cannot be anticipated by even the wisest among us now."
                        John F. Kennedy

Comment

If you leave at this point and come back and tell the truth at the POE, you will most likely be denied entrance because now you have IMMIGRANT INTENT.

If you lie at the POE and not disclose that you are here to see your husband etc,, then most likely when you do go to adjust status that your case will be denied for FRAUD, and you will not get AOS.

Roll the dice if you wish by that advice, but it seems to me a big gamble.

BTW. who is paying for the birth of your child if you choose to have it here??? Whatever co sponser that signs for you will be responsible for footing the bill. Just curious, as it seems that being over 35 as you say.. would hint at being responsible enough to use birth control. If you have insurance in your country of origin, then the proper channel to go is to give birth in your country. Your child will still be a us citizen based on father. This would seem a responsible choice for the situation . File K3 package.[/QUOTE]

Dear 4now,
                          I understand some advises could not be the best decisions.
                          As far as I know, (I spoke to the US Consulate in my country) who stated that I couldn't file K-3, 'cause I'm already married?...
                          To kill your curiousity, We wanted to have this baby, is not that I got pregnant!!! We plannned on it. Is just that it happened real fast!!! lucky me!!!
                          As I said before, I don't mind having the baby in my country, but in the other hand, my husband and I will be apart, and it would be better if we could remain 2gether. You know what I mean?... If I can make sure that the k-3 will work for us, I be gone like the wind!!!

Comment

BTW. who is paying for the birth of your child if you choose to have it here??? Whatever co sponser that signs for you will be responsible for footing the bill. Just curious, as it seems that being over 35 as you say.. would hint at being responsible enough to use birth control. If you have insurance in your country of origin, then the proper channel to go is to give birth in your country. Your child will still be a us citizen based on father. This would seem a responsible choice for the situation . File K3 package.
                            Dear 4now,
                            I understand some advises could not be the best decisions.
                            As far as I know, (I spoke to the US Consulate in my country) who stated that I couldn't file K-3, 'cause I'm already married?...
                            To kill your curiousity, We wanted to have this baby, is not that I got pregnant!!! We plannned on it. Is just that it happened real fast!!! lucky me!!!
                            As I said before, I don't mind having the baby in my country, but in the other hand, my husband and I will be apart, and it would be better if we could remain 2gether. You know what I mean?... If I can make sure that the k-3 will work for us, I be gone like the wind!!!

K-3 is for being already married. maybe you misunderstood. OR, even better, is IF your country has consular processing, your husband could return with you to your country, live there for 6 months(residency requirement in most countries) with you and then you guys could file consular. You would come then come to usa and receive your greencard in 2 to 3 weeks.

This way you will be together, have the baby in your country with your family support. I do know what you mean. If your husband doesnt make too much money to be a sponser, it wont seem to make a differece that he is not at that job and can live with you while you work in your country to provide for the time being. K-3 is sensible option for you or even better consular processing if available.

You did not overstay your visa.. correct? How soon did you get married after you arrived on tourist visa. Was it before 60 days? (this is important)

Comment

Davittirina, K3 is for spouses of USC's.

oops sorry 4now
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs