Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Curious!

After finally getting my Greencard, my husband bought for me for Christmas a return flight to the UK, so I can spend Christmas with my family.

Making my return flight home to the US, I flew into Cincinnatti, had to go thru US Immigration before boarding my internal flight home.

Anyway, on previous trips as a tourist, US Immigration Officers were very strict, they asked a question and you gave them an answer.

Well this time, when I flew in, I had my Greencard on top of my British passport, thinking OK let the interrogation begin, but I was gobsmacked, the I/O looked at my card, asked if I had stocked up on tea, and was very chatty indeed, now... was that because I'm now a resident or because they are just laid back in Cincinnatti.

Also, a couple of people have posted threads on here saying their passport was stamped, and were answered, saying that was due to keeping a record of how many times they are coming in and out of the country, mine wasn't stamped at all.

Just curious!!

After finally getting my Greencard, my husband bought for me for Christmas a return flight to the UK, so I can spend Christmas with my family.

Making my return flight home to the US, I flew into Cincinnatti, had to go thru US Immigration before boarding my internal flight home.

Anyway, on previous trips as a tourist, US Immigration Officers were very strict, they asked a question and you gave them an answer.

Well this time, when I flew in, I had my Greencard on top of my British passport, thinking OK let the interrogation begin, but I was gobsmacked, the I/O looked at my card, asked if I had stocked up on tea, and was very chatty indeed, now... was that because I'm now a resident or because they are just laid back in Cincinnatti.

Also, a couple of people have posted threads on here saying their passport was stamped, and were answered, saying that was due to keeping a record of how many times they are coming in and out of the country, mine wasn't stamped at all.

Just curious!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:

Just curious!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      There has been an effort by CBP to become more "customer friendly" towards the passengers. However, this depends on where you fly in as well.

Do you know if your passport was scanned? That is supposed to replace the stamp in most circumstances.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thanks Hudson for your reply, and yes my Greencard was scanned at Gatwick, London.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
          Thanks Hudson for your reply, and yes my Greencard was scanned at Gatwick, London. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          The people at CVG are friendly to foreigners in large part because P&G has its HQ there and a lot of their Senior management are foreign nationals. This despite the fact that the airport itself is in Northern Kentucky, which state has more than its share of Kluckers, one of whom pulled me over a long time ago and invited me to "step out of the car, ******" to which I responded "say what?". His face turned red, his gaze went from my face to my suit jacket and my P&G badge on it, then turned green and profusely apologized; he knew if I complained he would have been toast

Comment

Klinus what is P&G if i may ask?..is it Procter & Gamble?
            "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

At first I thought he meant PG tips tea, I got quite excited, then realised he probably means proctor and gamble LOL!!

Comment

lol!..what's PG tips tea???
                "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Oooh I have a large box of them in my cupboard and just made a nice hot char with one
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

It's a brand of English tea, most popular one.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

ok thats it, Ive got the kettle on, I have a box and a half left. NAh NAh!! OMG better start rationing LOL!!

Carribeanman. they are like gold dust to brits, its a make of hot tea.

Comment

I have a huge box though..with 50% extra free! nah nah lol

Comment

yummy..just dunked my Rich tea biscuits in it too lol

Comment

Thats good, cos when I run out, I'll be round for a cuppa!! LOL

Comment

ok deal! lol well as long as you can bring me some chocs or biscuits with ya ;-)

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs