Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to sign our photo during the naturalization interview?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to sign our photo during the naturalization interview?

My mom recently took the naturalization interview. She passed the interview and she was asked to sign/print her name on several papers such as N-400 application form.

After checking with some friends, many people said that they did need to sign/print their full names on the white area of their photos. However, my mom was not requested to sign/print her name on her photo during her interview. I would like to know:
    (1) Is "signing name on photo" a necessary procedure during the interview?
    (2) If she did not sign name on photo, can she do it on the Oath Ceremony?
    (3) The photo will be attached on the Naturalization Certificate, is it okay if the photo is not signed?
    (4) Is there anyone having similar experience? Please feel free to share with me.

Thank you very much.

My mom recently took the naturalization interview. She passed the interview and she was asked to sign/print her name on several papers such as N-400 application form.

After checking with some friends, many people said that they did need to sign/print their full names on the white area of their photos. However, my mom was not requested to sign/print her name on her photo during her interview. I would like to know:
    (1) Is "signing name on photo" a necessary procedure during the interview?
    (2) If she did not sign name on photo, can she do it on the Oath Ceremony?
    (3) The photo will be attached on the Naturalization Certificate, is it okay if the photo is not signed?
    (4) Is there anyone having similar experience? Please feel free to share with me.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Man18, This is unusual. A person is usually ask to sign part 13 & 14 and their photograph in front of the INS Ofiicer...

Comment

Man18, Did your mother also get a form that same day from the INS interview officer stating that they cannot make a decision yet on her case and she will be contacted if more info is needed? The same thing happened to a friend. Speedy..

Comment

Speedy, my mom passes the interview and her case is approved. She also got the notice for the date of Oat Ceremony after her interview.

By the way, what's your friend's case about? Did your friend sign name on photo during interview?

Comment

Speedy, my mom did sign Part 13 and 14. So I don't know if the officer forgot to let her sign the photo, or actually "signing photo" is not "a must" procedure.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation