Citizenship Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

through a temporary agency who pay w2 taxes on behalf of me , most of them are based out of different states than the state i reside.

Comment

I'm from Georgia, but most of the time I had to go to different states for my contracts.By the way I had my first citizenship interview on last april this year which I passed and got positive remarks and all on a sudden day before yesterday me along with my wife were called for an interview

Comment

so.. the w-2 you should be paid from your temp agency. the only addrewss of employer should be your temporary agency who pays you.

You are being called for interview because they want to make sure you have ongoing marriage and you confused them and made them suspicious

Comment

I had to give the addresses for different employers cause i was not a independent contractor and those different employers in different states paid taxes on behalf of me based on my working states.

Comment

so your temporary agency did not pay you. the people they found for you gave you the w2

this is not a problem. make sure when you go to interview, you have phone records where you and wifey talked everynite. and that you emailed or chat online. and come home often.

or if she flew to see you or you drove home. In this case, they may conduct a stokes type interview on you both to make sure that it is an ongoing marriage and not a sham.

Best wishes, and do not be concerned if your marriage is genuine.

Just explain that you really are a contractor and take various jobs on assignment. that a headhunter or broker finds you jobs and you fulfill them. your wife will be key in this to reassure that the marriage is genuine.

Comment

My different employer paid taxes on behalf of me but in the paycheck the taxes are taken out based on what state your project is at or your employer is based out of.

We just had the second interview last monday.Were called separately.I never had to go through this kind of interview.we took so many documents , they didn't want to see anything.Yes my wife went to so many states with me so far.

Comment

They have to be sure.

You will be fine.

Comment

Can denial of N400 be appealed?

Comment

Challenging the Denial or Delay of an N-400

The first step in the naturalization appeals process is an administrative appeal on Form N-336, which must be filed within 30 days of the denial of the N-400. This will result in a "hearing" at the same USCIS office; the hearing basically amounts to a new interview. Try to bring as much documentation as possible to challenge the errors in the denial notice.

If the appeal hearing is unsuccessful, the applicant has the right to ask for review of that decision in federal district court within 120 days of the denial of the N-336 administrative appeal.

If the N-400 is not denied, but rather is held without a decision for more than 120 days after the interview (due to the government's failure to complete the required security checks, for example), the applicant can request a federal district court hearing under INA § 336(b). This generally results in expedited completion of the security checks as the government tries to moot the case. However, to avoid starting the 120-day clock USCIS has recently stopped scheduling interviews for applicants with pending security checks. In such a case, one could still ask the court to issue a writ of mandamus, but would have to convince the court that the government is taking an unreasonable amount of time to perform its required duty of adjudicating the application.

Stop worrying brightsky. just please let us know the good news when it comes

Comment

Thanks for your good advice always.Now something else came up too.We just bought another house in the adjacent state Alabama (under same Texas service Center).Should we move there now or stay in the same GA jurisdiction?

Comment

I will be going to my Citizenship interview on 6/5 which I found out a few weeks ago. However, I am also planning to go to my neice's wedding on 6/7 (2 days later) in Canada. Can this be a problem? Does anyone know if they keep Green Cards at the interview?
                        Spider24

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bluebrightsky:
                          Thanks for your good advice always.Now something else came up too.We just bought another house in the adjacent state Alabama (under same Texas service Center).Should we move there now or stay in the same GA jurisdiction? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The issue you might have occurred in your naturalization is your constant moving and working in different states. It is one of the requirement that you can only file to a specific service center if you have lived for at least 3 months within their jurisdiction. So when you filed for your citizenship, you could have filed within your state jurisdiction but at the same time you might have been on a contract in a different state that falls in a different jurisdiction.
                          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spider24:
                            I will be going to my Citizenship interview on 6/5 which I found out a few weeks ago. However, I am also planning to go to my neice's wedding on 6/7 (2 days later) in Canada. Can this be a problem? Does anyone know if they keep Green Cards at the interview? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they won't take away your GC at the interview. It will be taken away during your oath ceremony when you will receive your naturalization certificate.
                            I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. I feel a lot better now Do you have any idea about the typical time interval between the interview and the oath ceremony?
                              Spider24

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed