Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Interview

Can there be Stokes Interview for Citizenship test?

Can there be Stokes Interview for Citizenship test?

Comment

do you mean in terms of intervieing your wife to see if the relationship is still in tact?

Comment

Yes

Comment

no they do not interview the wife at citezenship interview. they will ask you questions and you should already have provided evidence that it is ongoing marriage and living together,

did you and your wife seperate?

Comment

No, but because I'm a contractor, I do contract going to different cities on need basis and come back home after the contract.

Comment

there is no problem then.. you have joint tax returns, apartment rent and utilities or house all the type evidences that you used for i751 removal of conditions.

If you are seperated from your wife and go to interview like you still living together, and they find out. then you wont get your citizenship. if this is case, better to wait the 4yrs and 9 months to apply instead of marrige based.

Comment

In the N400 application i had to put employer addresses who are based in so many different states who got project depending on client's need.After they call me i just go to those markets and come back home after the completion of project.The question was raised whether i lived in those different states as my employer addresses.And ofcourse I didn't.They give me, plane fair,hotel, car, and food expenses and after its done i come back home.

Comment

are you self employed.. as in do you file a schedule c return or doo you get w-2 from those employers

Comment

Most of the time W2

Comment

I'm a IT consultant work as a contractor for different consulting companies who hire me and put me on a project depending on their clients need in different cities.

Comment

ok

it sounds like you put down an out of state address when you work out of state and that is not correct. your address should always be your instate address and you would then file state returns for all the w-2 that are out of state.

a lot of people have employers that are out of state. its not problem. home offices are out of state. you were propbably listing out of state addresses where you were staying while working, and that was not correct.

example: when you are in college your dorm is where you stay. it is not where you live. you are listed on your parents return or you file your individual return using your "ADDRESS"

Comment

you mean some jobs you get a 1099 for. correct?
                          but still you should use your home address for them

Comment

No, I always have my home address as it is on tax file etc., but I put my employers addresses in so many different states for my work history and that made the officer confused.

Comment

you gave too much information

Do you get jobs thru a temporay agency or do you contract them yourself

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation