X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Green cards - Please help

Hi

Let me explain to you my situation more in detail. I filed I-485 in TSC from FL in 1997 and moved to Chicago in 2000. In 9/18/2000, I got I-485 approval notice from TSC. In the letter, it instructed me to go to Chicago office to get my I-89 form. I did very next Day (9/19/2000). After one year, I did not receive my green card. I called TSC. TSC sent me a letter indicated that TSC did not receive the I -89 forms and asked to go to Chicago office again to get new I -89 forms. I went to Chicago office restamped my passport and got my second I-89 form (specifically ask the officer to send my second I-89 form to TSC). A week later, I got my first green card with resident since date 9/18/2000 which matched my I 485 approval notice. At the same time, I asked this officer where is my first I 89 form. She later told me that she accidentally sent my first I 89 form to NSC (Because I am living in Chicago at that time). In March 2003, I received my second green card from NSC with resident since date 9/18/2002 (eactly two year late). My thinking is that NSC gave me my second card only based on my first I 89 form which accidentally sent to them by Chicago office. ( I never file any applications to NSC)
    My question to you are:
    1. Which card do I use to apply the citizenship (I have to file my N-400 to NSC since I live in Chicago)?
    2. Do I have to tell the NSC when I apply?
    3. What kinks of problems that I will encounter?
    4. Do you think I will have a problem to go back India (The customer service at Chicag)? Which car do I have to use?

Thanks.

Shah

Hi

Let me explain to you my situation more in detail. I filed I-485 in TSC from FL in 1997 and moved to Chicago in 2000. In 9/18/2000, I got I-485 approval notice from TSC. In the letter, it instructed me to go to Chicago office to get my I-89 form. I did very next Day (9/19/2000). After one year, I did not receive my green card. I called TSC. TSC sent me a letter indicated that TSC did not receive the I -89 forms and asked to go to Chicago office again to get new I -89 forms. I went to Chicago office restamped my passport and got my second I-89 form (specifically ask the officer to send my second I-89 form to TSC). A week later, I got my first green card with resident since date 9/18/2000 which matched my I 485 approval notice. At the same time, I asked this officer where is my first I 89 form. She later told me that she accidentally sent my first I 89 form to NSC (Because I am living in Chicago at that time). In March 2003, I received my second green card from NSC with resident since date 9/18/2002 (eactly two year late). My thinking is that NSC gave me my second card only based on my first I 89 form which accidentally sent to them by Chicago office. ( I never file any applications to NSC)
    My question to you are:
    1. Which card do I use to apply the citizenship (I have to file my N-400 to NSC since I live in Chicago)?
    2. Do I have to tell the NSC when I apply?
    3. What kinks of problems that I will encounter?
    4. Do you think I will have a problem to go back India (The customer service at Chicag)? Which car do I have to use?

Thanks.

Shah

Comment

You should use your first GC since your I-485 was approved by TSC on 9/18/2000,TSC has acted on the approval date 9/18/2000.
      This was Officer's responsibility to see where the letter is from, and send the replay to TX, She mailed to NCS, This is Chicago's mistake and why you should pay for there mistake.
      You should write to the Chicago Office that due to their mistake you have received a second I-551(Green Card) now you have two and you are returning one issued by the Chicago's Office to you, Address your letter to Director and send under Returned Rececipt, and copy to NCS.
      Why you should lose two years for the USCIS Mistake.
      You will not encounter any problem for others mistake write clearly and in detailed about the event.
      Sept. 18, 2005 you have completed five years and you are ready to file for your citizenship.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation