•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nina77
    replied
    Hi,

Just had our marriage based AOS interview yesterday at the Los Angeles office.... and am very happy to say that we got approved and got my I-551 stamp.

It was a very quick, painless interview. We had waited for about an hour before being called in.
    Then we were taken into an office, sat down, was asked to swear etc.... Then after the usual questions he asked for our joint paperwork and taxes.... and that's it!!! Although we did have a large storage box full of paperwork dating back to 1999 ..... I think he was put off when he saw it :-) He didn't even ask to see our photo al***s. He then said we'll be receiving the answer in the mail..... we both gasped as we had already booked our flights! Then he said that we could return in the afternoon and get the results. So we did.... and after another hour of waiting he gave me back my passport with the stamp on it.

Thanks to this forum we went well prepared and it payed off in the end. Good luck to everyone who is going to the interview soon.

Now for the next step.. I-751... but will deal with that when we return from our trip.

Leave a comment:

• Nina77
    started a topic Los Angeles AOS Interview Yesterday

Los Angeles AOS Interview Yesterday

Hi,

Just had our marriage based AOS interview yesterday at the Los Angeles office.... and am very happy to say that we got approved and got my I-551 stamp.

It was a very quick, painless interview. We had waited for about an hour before being called in.
    Then we were taken into an office, sat down, was asked to swear etc.... Then after the usual questions he asked for our joint paperwork and taxes.... and that's it!!! Although we did have a large storage box full of paperwork dating back to 1999 ..... I think he was put off when he saw it :-) He didn't even ask to see our photo al***s. He then said we'll be receiving the answer in the mail..... we both gasped as we had already booked our flights! Then he said that we could return in the afternoon and get the results. So we did.... and after another hour of waiting he gave me back my passport with the stamp on it.

Thanks to this forum we went well prepared and it payed off in the end. Good luck to everyone who is going to the interview soon.

Now for the next step.. I-751... but will deal with that when we return from our trip.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney