Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Filing - no receipts or anything...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Filing - no receipts or anything...

I sent in my AOS/EAD/AP forms on Feb 26. Los Angeles Office received them on Feb 27 (certified mail receipt).

Checks were cashed on March 5.

I still have nothing from them - not even the cash register receipt for the checks with the case #.

I have read in other posts that Los Angeles office usually send back a receipt within 2 weeks.

Should I be worried? Should I try and do something (eg call/fax)?

I sent in my AOS/EAD/AP forms on Feb 26. Los Angeles Office received them on Feb 27 (certified mail receipt).

Checks were cashed on March 5.

I still have nothing from them - not even the cash register receipt for the checks with the case #.

I have read in other posts that Los Angeles office usually send back a receipt within 2 weeks.

Should I be worried? Should I try and do something (eg call/fax)?

Comment

I applied in Nov 03 and received the receipt for the checks with the letter for the work permit but I never got a case number. On the BCIS website there is an area where you can check the status of your case with the case #. If you find out how to get that let me know.
      Thanks

Comment

To AlecT,

I also filed at the LA Office.I got a receipt letter only 8-9 months after I had filed for AOS. But I never got a case #(13 characters). Therefore, I was unable to check my status on line or through the phone.
        The only way I could check my case status was writing inquiries to the LA office(to which I never got any answers) or going in person to the LA immigration bulding, staying in line for 4-8 hours and hopefully get some information about your case status.

Advice: go early(around 3-4 in the morning to make sure you'll make into the building)!!!
        I was told from the immigration consultant who helped me to fill out my application forms that LA office doesn't issue receipt letters with a case #.
        The only evidence you can take with you when checking you case is a copy of the cashed check, which should have a stamp from the immigration office, showing the date it was cashed and your A#.
        Hope you have better luck than I had.

Comment

The online system to check cases is only for cases filed in a Service Center. Those are the only places that issue the tracking number you need to follow the case. Don't look for one from a district office. If you have your proof that you paid (cancelled check or money order tracer) don't worry about it for now. There may just be a backlog.

Comment

BTW - Eventually your I-130 will be forwarded to a service center, at which point you will be issued a tracking number - not that this really helps at all. Then only information you will ever get from this is (via web or 800 number)that your application is being processed. The best and most reliable information I received was from the officers at the district office that I filed. My advice is to be patient - it will come, and if you really need the peace of mind, follow Lonely Heart's advice

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation