X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    Then she could perhaps try with a F-1... however, they may question her real intentions (as in, they may think that she wants to stay with you and not really study). Also, F-1 students are required to show they pay for tuition, insurance and housing... In any case, she definitely cannot get on your H-1B as your dependent

Leave a comment:

• Defiler606
    replied
    College. She's on her first year in Computer science but she's not yet completely decided on what course she will take.

Leave a comment:

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    No. You cannot file for your sister. She is not your ward (i.e., you are not her guardian). Only spouses and children are eligible for H-4 classification (some parents, who rely on their children for care, may also be eligible). Why would your sister want to come here? She would not be able to work and she would be too old for high school.

Leave a comment:

• Defiler606
    replied
    I am PT in the Philippines. My employer is filing for my H1b for October in April of this year. I was wondering if I could file for my 17 year old sister as a dependent even though I am not her legal guardian (my parents are). She will be eighteen on the 15th of October. I know you can file for your kids and your wife but besides them who else and how many can I include. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Leave a comment:

• Defiler606
    started a topic H1b dependents?

H1b dependents?

I am PT in the Philippines. My employer is filing for my H1b for October in April of this year. I was wondering if I could file for my 17 year old sister as a dependent even though I am not her legal guardian (my parents are). She will be eighteen on the 15th of October. I know you can file for your kids and your wife but besides them who else and how many can I include. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney