Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

My friend's son got married to one of the H1-B visa employee, after marriage company file for their change of status and got the green card. After near about 3/4 years of marriage is not working, though it was in a good faith.
    In case they are divorce what will happen to their status. will appreciate your help.

My friend's son got married to one of the H1-B visa employee, after marriage company file for their change of status and got the green card. After near about 3/4 years of marriage is not working, though it was in a good faith.
    In case they are divorce what will happen to their status. will appreciate your help.

Comment

The benificiary has to prove that the marriage was in good faith (which is very hard to prove) and not for obtaining GC.

Comment

I don't see a problem. Employment was a basis for GC not marriage (although one person benefited by being a spouse of primary beneficiary at the moment of adjustement of status).

Comment

If an H1-B, got married, and if the marriage is not working after three/four years then its not a problem.
          Both can get divorce.
          aneri, is right that spouse did benefited, by change of status.
          Nothing can be done or they can wait for US citizenship and then file for divorce it will be the same.
          Any comments

Comment

If the marriage is not working then it's not a problem, both can be Divorce and both can apply for the Citizenship.
            Spouse benefit is not the question, I have not seen any INA in this type of case. Both can apply for the Citizenship, I don't see any problem.
            any comments?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed