X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herbit
    replied
    My interview notice came in the mail really quick. I went to my fingerprint appointment on may 2nd. On the 5th, I got the notice in the mail for my interview. I applied for AOS thru my parents. I didn't want a lawyer, but my parents wanted to get one just in case something goes wrong. My parents saw it as insurance. I'm not hiding anything but my parents just wanted that piece of mind. Yeah you pay a lot more, but I think it's worth it, Plus, he stays on top of things. Back to the original question, we both (lawyer and I) got the interview letter. TAKE YOUR LAWYER!!

Leave a comment:

• Teletype
    replied
    On the one hand: Having an immigration attorney on board adds hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to the processing of every case. That's going to be an important consideration, given that USCIS fees alone are already bad enough.

On the other hand: Just because you have nothing to hide doesn't mean that USCIS is always going to play by the rules. An attorney becomes a first line of defense in situations where an examiner asks irrelevant or inappropriate questions...if nothing else, a good immigration attorney can spot the issues that can arise during questioning and can preserve objections on the record in case appeals need to be brought later.

Leave a comment:

• greenman
    replied
    There is no reason to have a lawyer present at a interview unless you have something to hide. I never understand why people have to bring someone to prove something that is supposed to be of a original nature.

Leave a comment:

• someone14
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shirin:
    Both you and your attonrny will receive the notice for it. When you hire a lawyer, everything gets sent to both of you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You and your lawyer will recieve notice, just an advice, its better to have lawyer presenting your case. You can have tough time in interview , Your lawyer presence in interview might help you to come out from interview process little bit easily.

Leave a comment:

• shirin
    replied
    Both you and your attonrny will receive the notice for it. When you hire a lawyer, everything gets sent to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• orduealumuku
    replied
    I am married to a US citizen and have filed all my papers. done finger prints and recieved EAD. I am now waitinf for my interview notice. I was using a lwayer but decided to proceed by myself. i just wanna find out do i get the interview notice letter or it goes to my attorney?

Leave a comment:

• orduealumuku
    started a topic AOS interview notice

AOS interview notice

I am married to a US citizen and have filed all my papers. done finger prints and recieved EAD. I am now waitinf for my interview notice. I was using a lwayer but decided to proceed by myself. i just wanna find out do i get the interview notice letter or it goes to my attorney?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney