X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam
    replied
    you can link to this uscis.gov webpage, go to adoption.
    Or you can visit the local uscis office and collect all the paper work.

Leave a comment:

• RationalE
    replied
    Civil immigration law violations do not have legal effects on children under 18, no 3/10 bar there.

As to adoption, number of prerequisites must be met, such as child's age restriction, certain other requirements and etc.

This is not a legal advice. I am not an attorney. Consult one if you need.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Delia
    replied
    My sister (a US citizen by birth) and her husband (naturalized US citizen) have been asked to adopt a child. The child's mother is terminally ill and want to make sure the child is left in the care of someone she knows, trusts, and that will care for the child.

My sister and her husband are willing to adopt and care for this child. They are concerned because the child entered the US without inspection from Mexico.

Does the possibility exist that the child can be adopted and derive citizenship from the adopting parents?

Leave a comment:

• Delia
    started a topic Adoption of child without legal status

Adoption of child without legal status

My sister (a US citizen by birth) and her husband (naturalized US citizen) have been asked to adopt a child. The child's mother is terminally ill and want to make sure the child is left in the care of someone she knows, trusts, and that will care for the child.

My sister and her husband are willing to adopt and care for this child. They are concerned because the child entered the US without inspection from Mexico.

Does the possibility exist that the child can be adopted and derive citizenship from the adopting parents?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney