Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ablout I-751 approve and devorce

hi, i'm 24 years old girl married to a USC. my I-751 was filed with my usc husband and was approved. I haven't received my Green card yet and now my husaband is fighting with me and trying to stop my green card. now he is trying to divorce me.

my question is: what happens if my husband files a divorce and divorces me before my green card comes? can i still get my green card?

I read this discussion board a lot. think mike, 4now and some other guys are prettu smart and nice. please guys, answer my questions. Thanks!

hi, i'm 24 years old girl married to a USC. my I-751 was filed with my usc husband and was approved. I haven't received my Green card yet and now my husaband is fighting with me and trying to stop my green card. now he is trying to divorce me.

my question is: what happens if my husband files a divorce and divorces me before my green card comes? can i still get my green card?

I read this discussion board a lot. think mike, 4now and some other guys are prettu smart and nice. please guys, answer my questions. Thanks!

Comment

hi bardan_basu and welcome to ilw. actually there is nothing to worry about . if your i-751 was approved then your marriage is real or they wont approve your i-751 at the first place , the uscis doesn't actually care if you get divorce or not as long as you entered your marriage in a good faith , so the fact your i-751 was approved this mean that you show them good evidence and you proved the good faith of your marriage . you wont lose your status if you get divorce and there is nothing he can do about it aswell, unless if he can show strong evidence and prove the marriage was fraud which i dont think it was. just hang in there and wait until you get the card in the mail and then move on and dont worry about it ,as long as you can prove the marriage was real there is no power to revoke your status at this point take care and good luck

Comment

Hi Bardan_basu, you should also know that even if he does file for a divorce, I can't see the divorce being finalized before you receive the Green Card.

If for some reason you have to move out of the house before the Green Card arrives, make sure you go to the Post office and file a change of address with them to have your mail re-directed to the address you will be residing at.
        If you do not receive your Green Card in good time, I would inquire whether they have sent it to you, in case your husband tries to take it.
        I hope he doesn't, but just in case.

All the best to you
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Thanks for your kind information Mike! i really appreciate it. whenever the mail delivery man delivers the mail, my husband gets the mail because during that time i'm always at work. he is pretty bad tempered guy, so i doubt that he might hide my green card or distroy it. idon't know what to do if that happens.

Comment

actually she have to change the address with the uscis not the post office, the post office are not allowed to forward the uscis mail. go to the local office and fill out the form (AR-11) and you should be ok then, and the delay is not bcoz of the dicorced, it takes 3-5 weeks to get it sometimes. and even if they find out about the dovorce too bad, it's too late bcoz they aproved your i-751 . i say just wait until you get it in the mail then go ahead and do whatever u want

Comment

ok when did they approved the i-751 exactly? if it was more than 2 weeks ago then it's kinda late to change the address bcoz it might be in the way now, if it's not too long ago then just change the address(AR-11) and it's free at the local office and just put your mother's address ,if not just whoever good friends that u can trust. hopefully this wont happen but even if he take your card it doesn't really matter . u can always contact them and tell them u have never recieved it or u can just say i lost it at the mall or whatever u wanna say and they will issue a new one and then u will just put a different address.

Comment

they approved it 3 weeks ago. I and him had to go for an interview and then they approved it. but now suddenly he is misbehaving with me.

if they mail it again suppose i don't receive it then that's great. Thanks mike. now i'm happy. actually, i was under pressure due to my husband's misbehave. now i'm happy.

Comment

your welcome and good luck

Comment

Surely she can have her mail kept at the post office instead then? If she informs the Post Office they can hold her mail and she can then with ID go and collect it.

Won't that be allowed?
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

not sure about holding it at the post office . but i know for sure that the post office cann't forward the immigration mail unless if u change the address with the uscis first

Comment

another one
                        These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Comment

Thanks Sprint_girl and Mike! I really Appreciate your comments. actually i went to the post office and ask them, and they said that if they hold the mail then they will hold the whole house mail. and i don't want to hold my husband's mail because if he finds out it then he might get mad at me. i think i should do as mike said, i should wait untill the card comes. if the card doesn't come on time then i'll call and ask the uscis. Thanks guys.

Comment

Bardan_basu, the Post Office are incorrect. Maybe the person you spoke to didn't know.

My husband held our mail, but I went to see them and they didn't know that I (under my name)wanted my mail delivered and not held there.

He had his mail held at the Post Office until he gave them a forwarding address and all my mail in my name only was delivered to the house.

If you get a chance ring them or go and see them again, explain your situation, say that there are problems and you would like to hold only your mail in your name only at the Post Office.

They should do this for you, it happens a lot, especially when one spouse moves out and doesn't have a forwarding address yet. They don't need to know whether you are really residing there still or not.

But yes, either way keep a look out and if it doesn't come soon, call USCIS.

Comment

Thanks for your good adivce Sprint_girl07. I really appriciate it. ok i'll do as you said. that sounds a better to me. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation