Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quickest green card i ever heard of!

My husbands friend filed the i-130 for his wife using the services of a lawyer. They had there interview the other day and she got her green card approved. The whole process didn't take longer than 6 months! I don't understand why do some people wait so long and others just breeze through it. Do the attorneys have an in that we regular people do not? If i could afford one, by all means i would have done that! Meanwhile here it is 5 months and still nothing for us!

My husbands friend filed the i-130 for his wife using the services of a lawyer. They had there interview the other day and she got her green card approved. The whole process didn't take longer than 6 months! I don't understand why do some people wait so long and others just breeze through it. Do the attorneys have an in that we regular people do not? If i could afford one, by all means i would have done that! Meanwhile here it is 5 months and still nothing for us!

Comment

does he have a conditional green card or a permanenet one? i hope its permanent-otherwise his battles are definately not over!

Comment

Mar617..
        When you say that you have been waiting for 5 months, do you mean that you have been waiting for the stamp and green card for the past five months since the interview?

Comment

Kalla:
          We are waiting 5 months for everything! I paid somone to help me fill out the original paperwork, it was returned to me TWICE for information missing! So really we have gotton no where!

Comment

Wish:

A permanent green card! She was told it is good for 10 years! They have been married for 4 years, perhaps thats why? Also they said the interview lasted 30 minutes and was simple and very easy! Their lawyer was present, perhaps this is the reason, also they said the interviewer was a very young lady asked a few questions, The lawyer said they were really very lucky! Let this give all of us waiters hope!

Comment

5 months and 6 months is nothing, we've been waiting 2 years and 4 months. We've been married over 8 years with 2 kids and we had a lawyer.

Comment

Filling an I-130 one day......6 months later a GC. ????

You weren't told the whole story brother. NO WAY !

Comment

It has happened. We know of a couple who married, filed a month later and a year later he had Conditional Green Card. The guy is now raking in big bucks.

Comment

What service center and office ? When's the divorce ?

Comment

They received the permanent green card because they have been married for 4 years. For the time of the interview, if you are married for less than 2 years you will receive the provisional card, otherwise you will get the permanent one.

Comment

Hi Mar-
                        Ok once you said 4 years that all made sense. If the interview is after 2 years after filing the papers you should be able to get the 10 year green card. They could have gotten their first interview and got a conditional green before the two years were up and then after the 2 condition expired he would have to apply for the 10 year one like many of us and wait wait wait and be in a limbo forever. But Its a little secretive rule.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

This shouldn't be of any surprise at all.

I got married in July of last year (2003) and we filled all the paperwork on the 6 of October 2003.
                          It was returned on the 12 of october because I didn't put in the fingerprint money.
                          I resubmitted the files October 17th and by the 27 of October 2003 I got a receipt saying they received my stuff.
                          Couple months later (2) I got my work Permit.
                          A month after that I believe it was in December, I went to do the FBI fingerprint thingy and not too long after that (1 month later) I was called for my interview.

We went for the interview and everything was fine ...( She didn't ask me ANYTHIN .. instead she started socializing with my wife) but since the FBI results weren't in, we were told we had to wait before I could get my passport stamped.

After almost a month and half of wait, I got my passport stamped and 12 days after the pass was stamped, I received my beautifull Green Card in the mail.

Everything took 6 1/2 months.
                          I am in Seattle, Washington.

BLSI.

Comment

Hope springs eternal! See it can happen! However once the papers were returned to me the first time i was starting to lose hope. After the second time well, i guess you can imagine what we feel! At this point there is nothing to do but wait. Maybe by the time all is said and done we will be married for the two years! Whew! Anyway i don't like to dwell on it, its just that my husband is so on edge about the whole thing and can't wait for everything to go through so we can live in peace! By the way what country are you from? Cool user name!

Comment

oops! By the way we are in the state of nj our office is in newark and so is the case that i am speaking of.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation