Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next?

Texas is suddenly moving forward with their I130 processing times. What happens when your # comes up? My husband is an illegal and our lawyer's paralegal we usually go through suddenly hasn't been very helpful.

Texas is suddenly moving forward with their I130 processing times. What happens when your # comes up? My husband is an illegal and our lawyer's paralegal we usually go through suddenly hasn't been very helpful.

Comment

Illegal as in overstay or entered without inspection?

Comment

Kindly give some info ... did he enter with visa and overstay or without any inspection ?

Comment

Sorry! Out for a day!
          He is an illegal w/out inspection.

Comment

Hi. Well, I won't guarantee that an order of deportation will be placed on him (although it might, I really don't know enough about this)

However, he will not be able to become legal while in the USA (under current laws.) If he entered without inspection, the only possibility for being able to be in the USA - legally - is to leave the USA, and file for both residency and for the I-601 waiver. This waiver can take quite a while to process, i.e. 1-1.5 years (although recently some people have quoted me a couple months)

Unfortunately, the only other possibility is to stay illegal and to wait and see if amnesty is granted at some point in the next _____ years. But honestly speaking, who knows when that will happen!!

www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed