Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complicated Situation but a simple question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated Situation but a simple question.

The simple question is how long after loosing my job with my H1B sponsor do I have to either find another job or change status (my wife has her own H1B so I can go to H4).
    I have heard from some people that it is 7 days from others that it is 60 days and from one person that it is 14 months.
    I expect that there is the 'letter' and 'spirit' of the law that applies here and i would like to know what both of them are in reality.

Thanks

Alan

The simple question is how long after loosing my job with my H1B sponsor do I have to either find another job or change status (my wife has her own H1B so I can go to H4).
    I have heard from some people that it is 7 days from others that it is 60 days and from one person that it is 14 months.
    I expect that there is the 'letter' and 'spirit' of the law that applies here and i would like to know what both of them are in reality.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

The letter of the law is... immediately. If you aren't working, your visa is invalid, and you are an illegal alien. The spirit is a bit different. You can get by with 10-30 days. If you can ride on your spouse's visa, file an I-539 to change your status right away. You can then take your time finding a new petitioner.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation