Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help!!

I have a friend now work for a company (in US) with H1 visa but that company is not willing to sponsor for his green card. His H1 visa will expire in June next year( over 6 years). Now there is another company like hire him and sponsor his green card. The only problem is that new company only allow him start new job in coming October.
    Question: does he still have enough time to apply his green card ?
    Thanks.

Your friend should stay with the current employer until October, then transfer to the one who will sponsor the green card. The green car application can go in immediately with the new employer's H1 application but still may not be approved in time. I'm not sure whether he can continue to work while in processing for the green card but some of the others here will tell us.

I'm curious about why your friend hasn't applied for naturalization; if he'd been here all this time and wants to stay he should consider doing this. EDIT: needs GC for 5 yrs first
    it was like that when i found it... honest!

Comment

Thanks a lot, sosueme.
      Of course my friend wants to stay here but since his current employer is not willing to sponsor for his green card how he can apply for naturalization.
      Also some one told my friend that you have apply your green card one year before your H1 Visa expired otherwise INS will rejects your application. We both are not sure it is true or not.

Comment

GET YOUR BARBARIC BEHIND BACK TO WHATEVER FILTHY/STINKY ****LAND YOU CAME FROM, GRINT!!!!

Comment

my mistake jw, i should not write when i am tired. i apologize; of course your friend needs his gc before any consideration of naturalization.

ins does not necessarily reject a gc application if there is less than a year on an h1, particularly if the h1 is eligible for extension, but he still needs employer sponsorship and time for processing so the sooner it's in, the better. good luck..
          it was like that when i found it... honest!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation