X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent need for help

Hello Sammy and every one else,

I read what you had to say about suing the INS and I'm not sure that if it is the best thing that I can do, since my case is I-485. If I do this process then still INS has to respond within 60 days or I have to go before a judge?

Here is more information about my situation. Please let me know what is the best thing to do in my case.

I entered US on F1 visa for a mster's degree in 2001. In
    Feb. 2003, I married an American citizen (my husband), whom I knew
    for over a year. As we had long distance relationship
    at that time, we didn't file for a green card (our
    lawyer suggested that) and stayed till Feb 2004 that
    we moved together. In 2nd of Feb 2004 we filed for
    green card. (I-485). We had our interview on Sep 7th
    2004. The officer said that "this seems approvable and
    you'll be notified within 2 weeks and then after a
    month you will get your green card. But we have to wait for back ground check first!" However, To this
    day, I have been waiting and no news.
    WE went to Local office, but they say that the
    applicationit is pending and they have not gotten FBI
    information yet, and no one can do any thing. I'm so frastrated with this whole
    process. I have already post poned my education for a year. Most of professional schools that I'm considering for a professional education, require green card. Desides the fact that I have not seen my family in 5 years. I've done every thing that you could imagin, from writing to district director to immigration center in DC and Several senators, vise president and .... Despite recieving some telephone calls from them, nothing useful has been done to speed up the process. Please tell me what should I do?! Thank you. Eleanor

Hello Sammy and every one else,

I read what you had to say about suing the INS and I'm not sure that if it is the best thing that I can do, since my case is I-485. If I do this process then still INS has to respond within 60 days or I have to go before a judge?

Here is more information about my situation. Please let me know what is the best thing to do in my case.

I entered US on F1 visa for a mster's degree in 2001. In
    Feb. 2003, I married an American citizen (my husband), whom I knew
    for over a year. As we had long distance relationship
    at that time, we didn't file for a green card (our
    lawyer suggested that) and stayed till Feb 2004 that
    we moved together. In 2nd of Feb 2004 we filed for
    green card. (I-485). We had our interview on Sep 7th
    2004. The officer said that "this seems approvable and
    you'll be notified within 2 weeks and then after a
    month you will get your green card. But we have to wait for back ground check first!" However, To this
    day, I have been waiting and no news.
    WE went to Local office, but they say that the
    applicationit is pending and they have not gotten FBI
    information yet, and no one can do any thing. I'm so frastrated with this whole
    process. I have already post poned my education for a year. Most of professional schools that I'm considering for a professional education, require green card. Desides the fact that I have not seen my family in 5 years. I've done every thing that you could imagin, from writing to district director to immigration center in DC and Several senators, vise president and .... Despite recieving some telephone calls from them, nothing useful has been done to speed up the process. Please tell me what should I do?! Thank you. Eleanor

Comment

You should pack your bags and go home!

Comment

There's not a whole lot you can do; if you haven't already, it might be worth hiring an attorney to do all of the USCIS follow-ups for you, though there's no way of knowing whether or not this will make the office move any faster.

Comment

I waited 9 months for my FBI checks as I have been to most of the countries on their blacklist (Muslim countries).
          Hang tight. It is very frustrating. Hold on to the fact that at least you're with your husband.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation