Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 visa waiver-last step

I have finally got the favorable recommendation from the Waiver Review Division, based on the "No objection" letter, for the 212E section, and now they say that BCIS is going to make the final decision in granting the waiver and that they would contact me directly. Does anyone know what is going to happen? Do I need to go for an interview? Are they going to call me? How long does it take until I hear back from BCIS?
    Thank you all for your replies.

I have finally got the favorable recommendation from the Waiver Review Division, based on the "No objection" letter, for the 212E section, and now they say that BCIS is going to make the final decision in granting the waiver and that they would contact me directly. Does anyone know what is going to happen? Do I need to go for an interview? Are they going to call me? How long does it take until I hear back from BCIS?
    Thank you all for your replies.

Comment

No interview. You'll receive Notice of Action from USCIS. It's fairly fast.

Comment

Aibolit, thanks for your answer. I have one more question: when I receive the Notice of Action, do I have to apply for a change of visa right away? Thanks again.

Comment

If you are applying for AOS, you can file for it immediately after receiving a favorable recommendation. Attach a copy of it to your immigration documents. However, you don't have to change or adjust your status right away - the waiver is yours, and you do what you want.

Was there government financing involved for your 2 year HRR? How long did it take you to get a favorable recommedation? How long did it take from the moment DOS got the no-objection letter? Thank you in advance for answering!

On different note: Aibolit, I am assuming that you are Russian or from FSU, did you yourself get a waiver? Thank you!

Comment

"On different note: Aibolit, I am assuming that you are Russian or from FSU, did you yourself get a waiver?"

Yes, I've got a waiver but I did not file it myself. Lawyer did.

Comment

Lucy, thanks for your reply. I have applied for the waiver by myself (no lawyer) and it took a while to get where I am now (almost 8-9 mos)... Once the DOS got my "No Objection" letter, it took them close to 3 months to send me the favorable recommendation; I had to send my documents 3 times and follow up with them on a regular basis until they finally got everything.
              I was subject to the 212 E section based on the "Skills List"; no government financing involved.

Comment

Thanks for the information.... I had govt financing, and chances of getting a waiver are almost null.

What kind of documents did you send to DOS? All they requested from me was IAP-66, no objection letter and a statement. What else should I submit?

Comment

Lucy, that's all I have sent also: copies from my IAPs, No Objection Letter and a letter stating my reasons for a change in legal status. Just make sure that they got everything; call them to follow-up, otherwise they never get back to you Good Luck!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation