Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my chances

i had a misdemeanor domestic battery charge on my record from 1996 i pleaded guilty becouse the lawyer i had that time told me it will be better to exept the charges and after the supervision is over its like you never had a charge it was 18 months supervision and i had to go for anger classes.i never knew that these charges have a serious consequances with INS i been a permenant resident since 04-1992 and recently i visited a lawyer and he said to me that i could be deported from this country becouse of this charge.
    I live with my wife and my 4 children and they all american citizens.
    my wife said she is willing to testeify that i didn't do any thing to harm her, at that time of the inceident we were going through divorce and she was mad at me and called the police and told them that she need order of protection but the police inssist that she file a complaint on me my wife at that time didn't speek or understand a lot of english.
    we went back together in the same year 1996 and we are living happy together with our 4 childrens.
    Please any one can help me on this matter i will appreciate.
    is having a domestic battery supervision is the sameas havinga convection of the crime to INS rules, and what advise can you give me regarding applaying for citizenship.
    Thank You

i had a misdemeanor domestic battery charge on my record from 1996 i pleaded guilty becouse the lawyer i had that time told me it will be better to exept the charges and after the supervision is over its like you never had a charge it was 18 months supervision and i had to go for anger classes.i never knew that these charges have a serious consequances with INS i been a permenant resident since 04-1992 and recently i visited a lawyer and he said to me that i could be deported from this country becouse of this charge.
    I live with my wife and my 4 children and they all american citizens.
    my wife said she is willing to testeify that i didn't do any thing to harm her, at that time of the inceident we were going through divorce and she was mad at me and called the police and told them that she need order of protection but the police inssist that she file a complaint on me my wife at that time didn't speek or understand a lot of english.
    we went back together in the same year 1996 and we are living happy together with our 4 childrens.
    Please any one can help me on this matter i will appreciate.
    is having a domestic battery supervision is the sameas havinga convection of the crime to INS rules, and what advise can you give me regarding applaying for citizenship.
    Thank You

Comment

Yes, what you have been told is true. However, when you are filing for citizenship have your wife sign and affidavit stating that you were going through a rough time in you marriage, blah, blah, blah....and that she never mean to case any harm, that you are currenlt living happily together, etc. Also keep in mind that if you did not tell INS this and they found out on their own it would be much worse. Also you need to put in a affidavit in there as to why you plead guilty to something ou did not do...a lawyer telling you is not reason enough, but you could put that at the time you were not aware of the laws, didn't think this would be a problem, etc, etc. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation