Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

My wife is a USC and self employed since april 2006, but just recently got a business licence in 2007. when I filed all my papers, they asked for proof of her income. The question is, How can she prove her income stated on the i864 form without trace of schedule C?
    thanks in advance.

My wife is a USC and self employed since april 2006, but just recently got a business licence in 2007. when I filed all my papers, they asked for proof of her income. The question is, How can she prove her income stated on the i864 form without trace of schedule C?
    thanks in advance.

Comment

the purpose of this is to prevent you from being a charge on the US. Your wife may have a problem but she could produce p/l statements. What is easier is to have somebody with a job and some income to guarantee you.

Comment

There should be a schedule c that was filed by april 2007. Are you saying that she did not report her income? she shuold have.

As mc pointed out. She should provide a profit and loss statement (p&L) together with the bank statements that prove such income. the bank accounts should be from a business account, or bank account designated for her business income.

Comment

All 2006, she did not have a business ID or a Business Bank account, but she did have shared bank account with me which shows 1 or 2 transactions from Amazon. but we estimated the yearly income based on how much she makes a week. but the actual statement only shows cash deposits and a very few online transfers. when we filled out the Immigartion forms we put her job as online business operator. how can I prove her income?

Comment

I will ask again. did she file income tax for 2006 reporting the income?

How is she normally paid from this online work, is it a check or a transfer . paypal etc.

there has to be a trail unless it is cash.

Only then can I help you try to prove her income

Comment

She is paid via transfer to bank account if from Amazon, paypal to bank if ebay, and cash if craigslist( local pick up).
              She did filed taxes for 2006 but the income on the tax return was not enough to sponsor me, because she worked just for 2 months for a company before. since her income was not enough to sponsor me, we put her online income on the I864 as her current yearly income(The USCIS said that income was enough to sponsor me but needed to be proved) and also the joint sponsor filled out I864 as well. But the USCIS is asking proof of her income eventhough there is a joint sponsor. I do not know why they are ignoring the joint sponsor? Now we also printed out all the available bank statements and and web references and postings. I do not know what to do.
              I really appreciate your help.

Comment

because they are only a joint sponsor. You wife, because she is your wife, has to be the first sponsor on there, the co-sponsor is only used as a secondary not a primary.
                It doesnt matter if you have 10 sponsors, you still have to prove how much she makes, because hers above all is the most important one.
                "You tell yourself these people are illusions, just passing scenery."

Comment

It sounds like she didnt file the schedule c business return for 2006.

Just outline on the statements in highlighter pen the money deposits that were business income. that can correlate with paypal or amazon transfers to support. Cash from craigslist just make list and cash received. if any of cash was deposited.. then show the amounts to the deposits.

then have a profit and loss statement made by adding the deposits that were from business and cash on hand that was not deposited from craigs list. This is the total revenue or gross sales.

list and subtract business expenses such as phone internet, any purchases relative to sales , office supplies etc. to come up with a net income.

ex. 18000 Gross sales/ revenue
                  - 1000 phone/internet
                  -2500 supplies
                  500 merchant fees
                  -------
                  14000 NET INCOME

The bank statements and amazon/paypal will should support the gross sales revenue number.

Perhaps, after this the joint sponser will not even be needed. Also, assets such as savings accounts, house equity can also be used towards income for sponser.

Good luck.

Comment

Wow, I do not know how to call you, I guess 4now, you really answer all of my questions, I mean you did not miss any of it.
                    Thank you very much. You really deserved to be a power member.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation