Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can conditions be removed if a person is divorced from the USC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey dirk was up? give me ur e mail and i shall contact u when i come to NYC.... U got to come down here in Georgia.... Or we can go sometimes together to russia now that will be more interesting than NYC ... trust me...

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on February 10, 2004 at 10:14 PM.]

Comment

Dude,

You need to chill man. Don't take life so seriously. Let your hair down, bang a few babes, bet on a few horse races, live on the wild side. You need to come to NY and hang out with me. I'll take you to a few cool hangouts. Maybe we can get Moondin to take you around LA. Maybe Sammy in Vegas. We need to get you laid dude.

Comment

everything is cool....take care...

Comment

DirK:

Wrong again. No, not Michael

But, I am quite certain that I would meet the height and weight criteria, the only one I am not so certain of is the age...I should think that anyone who has passed puberty would be disqualified, automatically.

Comment

Must be between 5'2" and 5'8", weigh between 100 and 125, and under 25 years. Do you qualify?

Comment

like I said, Dick, Mikee's not for me...I have other interests...

Comment

Originally posted by josephine schmo:

It's me, it's me!! I KNEW you had the hots for me Swiss!
                I am confused now. Is Swissnut a guy???

Comment

Take a quick peek under my skirt, and you'll find out!

Comment

Apart from this thread's demented developements, to answer Com2la's question:
                    it is not possible to remove a condition on a green card once the marriaged based sponsorship is terminated. So as soon as the marriage is dissolved, a condition that was active on the status will eliminate any grounds for that person to remain here legally, unless there are circumstances that strongly suggest that the alien is at no fault and the U.S. citizen is involved in criminal activity.

Comment

what? will you please explain it in details? have u heard about waivers? Thank you...Pasha

Comment

The condition was put in place in 1989 to stagger marriage fraud. If the green card is based on a marriage to a USC and that marriage don't even last through a matter of few years then what's the basis to remain here if the marriage is dissolved before the condition is removed? And Ins will look closely when a divorce happened in a marriage based green card and later even during the naturalization

Michael is wrong about how easy it would be, because it's not and won't. A lot of people are assumed being in a marriage fraud in fact BCIS pressumes ever alien guilty untill proven innocent.

If the condition is removed even wrongly so by BCIS while a marriage did not exist anymore BCIS can rightly come back years down the road and claim that a LPR status never existed.. it's happening all the time! There was a thread asking about revoked green cards and citizenships; this is a class case for such an incedent! Unless there are very serious reasons why such a marriage was divorced, there is no way for the alien to remove the condition and adventually adjust by himself.

Comment

Got ya now....that would be total fraud if divorce happened and still alien applied for joint I 751 by trick .... but there are several ways to apply legally for removal of condition after divorce ....Waivers....

1. marriage entered in good faith - after divorce

2- battered spouse waiver - anytime

3- hardship waiver - anytime

if this is denied .... there are still options BIA / IJ ...

Good night...Pasha

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on February 11, 2004 at 12:37 AM.]

Comment

Acelaw; I have not seen a single case anywhere on google or ilw where someone has actually been deported for committing a unilateral fraud. As Pasha said, even if the conditions got denied, the fraudster could appeal to an IJ and then to BIA and then even to a Federal Appeals court. In the meantime they can even remarry and do it all over despite the so called permanent bar. There are a million loopholes which should not exist. It seems they came up with a good idea to make sure that people pass a conditional period, but then they passed all these loopholes and allow for an endless appeals process. Let me also add that I am actually a VERY strong supporter of LEGAL immigration. However, being a direct victim of a fraud makes me very cynical towards the entire process. I hope it is as difficult as you say but I have not read of anyone actually facing the consequences of a fraud like this.

Comment

Acelaw, thank you for your reply. What I don't get is then why there is a graph on the I-751 where it says that the person can file for a waiver if she/he is already divorced and marriage was in a good faith.

Acelaw, thank you also for getting back to the original thread. It was getting tiresome to read a non-related material to this subject.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation