Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deportation

My husband of 27 years is currently being deported due to charge he was forced to plea bargain guilty from 15 yrs ago which ended in an Order of Deportation. We had crummy atty who didn't explain in detail and we moved and never knew after 15 yrs he had this. He was never in hiding. We came home cont family life he worked, etc. Ice shows up a week ago to take him. He is now disabled so they didn't but still has to go. We have an attorney but is having trouble finding the right reason to file mot to stay because the file is in storage. I found out from Deportation officer there was an appeal filed and denied 5/1993, and it was a voluntary departure. The charge back then was
    either Aid & abett or alien smuggling. He was at a party with illegal aliens at the border.
    Was outside with them INS came picked them up.
    They also forced the people to point finger at him. No money for good atty so he was desperate just to get out. If deported can I or our kids refile? If this happen so long ago is there any other remedy.

My husband of 27 years is currently being deported due to charge he was forced to plea bargain guilty from 15 yrs ago which ended in an Order of Deportation. We had crummy atty who didn't explain in detail and we moved and never knew after 15 yrs he had this. He was never in hiding. We came home cont family life he worked, etc. Ice shows up a week ago to take him. He is now disabled so they didn't but still has to go. We have an attorney but is having trouble finding the right reason to file mot to stay because the file is in storage. I found out from Deportation officer there was an appeal filed and denied 5/1993, and it was a voluntary departure. The charge back then was
    either Aid & abett or alien smuggling. He was at a party with illegal aliens at the border.
    Was outside with them INS came picked them up.
    They also forced the people to point finger at him. No money for good atty so he was desperate just to get out. If deported can I or our kids refile? If this happen so long ago is there any other remedy.

Comment

what is his legal status in the USA? Are you USC?

Comment

I get to long winded. My husband says the investigator practically forced the 2 illegal aliens to confess that my husband was to take them to their destination but he was not there for those intentions. My husband was distraught at that time due to his brothers death (his only brother)went on a drinking binge went off & ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time. My husband stayed in jail for almost 40 days. In those days they'd take him in front of the judge (w/out an atty), he kept pleaing not guilty while I tried to raise money for an atty, it was hard w/3 young children (our
        US born kids,I'm US born too)We were married 12 yrs @ that time. By the time I raised it went to the Border on the Greyhound w/my children, he'd caved in & plead guilty, desperate to just get out. Atty didn't fight it either. My husband asked the judge will this effect my "Green Card". Judge responded I don't know. This was a one time felony. He's not
        gotten into trouble since then. Problem was the
        hearing with the Immigration Judge. Cheap atty again, I guess you get what you pay for because he didn't explain that my husband ended up w/an Order of Deportation.Now it's devastating all of us. He's remained a good citizen ever since then. We have an atty right now but all we get is the file is so old they are still trying to locate it. I don't see why there isn't any type
        of motion or relief that can be filed in the meantime. Even with my husbands current disability their should be. I feel we've made another mistake in hiring an inadequate atty.
        Do you know of a good, good one in Houston, TX?

Comment

Also, if no relief keeps him here how long would he have to be in Mexico until we can refile for him again?...plus I really feel I need that original criminal case reopened to
          proof his rights were violated or there are errors. Is this possible? This happened sometime mid 1992.

Comment

Hi lux

dont even waste time or money with an inexperienced attorney. especially the money that you will need for one that specializes in these matters

Mohan still visits this forum occaisionally.

put his name is your thread of make a thread titiled to MOHAN for help in deportaion matter.

also visit other sites who may have posters familiar with old deporttion situations

britishexpats.com
            immigration2us.net
            shusterman.com
            and google others.

your husband must have know that he was given voluntary departure and yet he did not leave.

Comment

ok I'll copy/paste prior info and open new thread. Thnx 4NOW

Comment

what a surprise....another illegal alien dirtbag who blames everyone else....my advice for deportation? Pack lightly and take a couple of books to read on the one-way flight back to his country...it is so fn tiresome listening to dirtbag illegal alien supporters blame the police, the INS, attorneys, the man in the moon because some dirtbag violated our immigration laws.....good riddance to all those who thumb their snotty noses at our rules.

Comment

Someone12, keep degrading people and
                  when you least expect it you'll be the one
                  crying for help. If we can't keep our OWN US Born Citizens in line what is the difference.
                  Human beings are Human beings and we all ERR.

Comment

keep disobeying and ignoring our laws while blaming others and you will keep whining. Laws are for everyone, not just those "special" dirtbags.

Comment

dr mike2007...i will rite just like u...an uneducated douchebag....you are slime, mike, and no one with any brains (which excludes ProudUSC, explore, iperson and hudson, and of course, you) believes your stupid story..you are just a lying visa cheat...I am an American citizen, douchebag-cleaner, so I get to stay in MY country, slimeball, while you whine and whine and whine...so go back to your camels or tacos, no one really gives a $hit.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                        dr mike2007...i will rite just like u...an uneducated douchebag....you are slime, mike, and no one with any brains (which excludes ProudUSC, explore, iperson and hudson, and of course, you) believes your stupid story..you are just a lying visa cheat...I am an American citizen, douchebag-cleaner, so I get to stay in MY country, slimeball, while you whine and whine and whine...so go back to your camels or tacos, no one really gives a $hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We may be $hit for brains, S12, but we are respectable ones who don't need to trash others to make ourselves feel better - which exactly what you are doing. You really need to get a life.

Comment

dr mike2007..ur peeeece of chit...u steeenk..ur jurk...i no live in camel chit like u...u idiot stinky pieece of cheeeeese and chit...
                          wow...sorry Mike2007, but you are one illiterate moron....better think about joining ProudUSC and the rest of the morons who support illegal aliens....

Comment

I work hard to keep dirtbags like you out of MY country....$hitbag.

Comment

whatever dirty pig

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs