Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864, Affidavit for Support

For family based case, the petitioner (the father) lives in the states as a LPR but haven't file taxes in the last 3 years since no income. Now the uncle(Nephew of the applicant) an USC filing as a joint sponcer who has the necessary income and tax records. They both filing two separate I-864 for the applicant. The father initially immigrated with a DV visa.

Question: Will the Affidavits be acceptable to the immigration even though the father/petitioner does not have any tax records?

Thanks.

For family based case, the petitioner (the father) lives in the states as a LPR but haven't file taxes in the last 3 years since no income. Now the uncle(Nephew of the applicant) an USC filing as a joint sponcer who has the necessary income and tax records. They both filing two separate I-864 for the applicant. The father initially immigrated with a DV visa.

Question: Will the Affidavits be acceptable to the immigration even though the father/petitioner does not have any tax records?

Thanks.

Comment

at the very least a document offering an explanation for why no taxes were filed would be appropriate (and I would recommend having it notarized!)

Comment

Thanks Spouse!

Can someone else can shed some more light in this issue. Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation