Clear All

• ircroxy
    replied
    Then that is what i'll do!
    Thank you Sir

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    If I were you, I would carry a copy AND original to ALL documents I take there. You never know what the interviewer chooses to keep!

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and kind words. I have looked high and low for post interview posts but haven't found any, so I'll be sure to keep everything in this foggy brain until I get back.
    You're probably right about all this documentation I'm taking, but I feel it's better not to go empty handed. I've got the shelter letter and it states when we were there and was due to physical, emotional and verbal abuse by the spouse (his name) and that it was for our safety we resided in the (name of shelter).
    I will have both papers from my attorney, one of divorce of bed and board which I've chosen not to file. It shows adultry and proof of it, but I've decided to only file the divorce papers on the 14th. Should I only take copies of these? or originals. If they keep the original on me then I have nothing to file. I think

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    ircroxy:

I don't think the adjudicator will bother with all the documentation since this is an inteview for a joint I-751 and since your husband will not come with you there is no point whatsoever in going through the documentation. Now, you must have very handy to show, the documentation pertaining to your divorce filing, etc.

Hopefully you will deal with a nice adjudicator that will grant you another extension. I think now that it would have been a good idea to re-file your I-751 based on other waivers like batery/cruelty or hardship even if you are not eligibile for, but this would have given you more time to get your divorce donde and re-file again, in the extreme case, you might try to use this route.

I admire you so much, and I wanted to let you know that by reading your posts and by knowing about your situation I have gotten a boost of strenght to deal with my own case.

I know everything will be allright for you tomorrow. I'll have you in my prayers tonight.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    My daughter will be with me, her interview is at 9 am. So, I'm going to assume that she'll voice all then. Thanks for the good wishes

Leave a comment:

• lanavip
    replied
    Hi ircroxy,

Just in case, take copies of notarized affidavits from your daughter (confirming knowledge of your family situation, that your husband cheated on you and at some point threatened you, your daughter and grandchild to the point that you had to go to the shelter) and other usc friends and family members. You probably have submitted those with waiver, but copies might be helpful to bring. Letter from the shelter should be enough to convince the officer, I hope.

Good luck to you on Friday!

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Well, hopefully your interviewer will grant you an additional 30 days to submit the waiver and divorce decree. Good luck. I admire your determination. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    well, that's a problem there. When I went to get my taxes done, I was told my spouse had to do his first because of married/seperated and something about itemizing stuff. My spouse never did his taxes, and turns out mine either. I've spoken to an accountant and will be arranging to meet with him soon to get these done. From what I understand, with my little income of 4500. in 2003 I can do them with this years. Either way, they'll be done soon. I do have my w2's to show. I've learned *alot* this year, of how not to just take your spouses word for things.

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    What about the 2003 taxes?

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    Ok, if I can impose on your opinions just a bit more I'd really appreciate it...here is pretty much all I can dig up to take to the interview on Friday.

an assortment of old bills/receipts (from movie rentals to vehicle tax) not all receipts have both names, but they do have the same address

two or three pictures of us together (that is all I could locate)

Our vehicle insurance policies, with both names indicated

Our original marriage license

Our escrow analysis statement- next due date showing Jan/05
    our inspection report and picture of our home from 2000, when we bought it

taxes from 1998 - 2002

benefit change forms from his last employer here showing me as insured under him and his beneficiary dated 2003

his original birth certificate

bank statement with both our names (can only find one dated 2002)

a picture of his lady friend outside our home last fall

an online application from him to some dating/matchmaking service

emails from friends of his/ours emailing with msg's to give the other

an email from me and him/ his decides seperation as "husband and wife" as he puts it

Tomorrow I pick up the letter from the shelter and the lawyer will have my divorce papers ready to show for immigration if they want. I just can't file them until the 14th.

Can you think of anything else?

ps.. I also have two credit cards, one in each name with the same account number on them.. expires 11 05. Also his DUI release paper when he finished the course. The driving record obtained by the insurance company for their purpose.

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    *lol* funny you should say "detain" because my nightmares have been really vivid. I dream they handcuff me, both wrists and ankles, put a big brown burlapp bag over my head and tie a rope around it. Uh huh, you could say I'm a bit nervous If only he would have given me the letter he said he would.. oh well, I'll deal with the cards given me. Thanks again for the luck, I'll post when I return. Just cross your fingers ok?

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    ircroxy:

Good luck! They will NEVER detain you. Don't worry.

Leave a comment:

• ircroxy
    replied
    Thank you all for your replies. I will post when I return friday, provided my nightmares don't become reality
    Thanks again everyone

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    As Aguila has already pointed out, the waivers being discussed in this context are not the same as those involving I-601s. The waiver for an I-751 is an entirely different beast and has nothing to do with I-601s. The waivers discussed on immigrate2us.net are not relevant to this issue.

Leave a comment:

• judy9334
    replied
    I would suggest going to www.immigrate2us.net

There is EXCELLENT info on waivers!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms