Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please i need some help!!

When you petition a parent to immigrate to the US, Does the immigrate parent have to live in the State in which the petitioner lives??

When you petition a parent to immigrate to the US, Does the immigrate parent have to live in the State in which the petitioner lives??

Comment

No, the parent (or any other relative you petition) can live anywhere he/she pleases.

Comment

Jessie,
        listen to your question,how can a parent already live in the US if you wanna immigrate them to the US lol, makes no sence.
        They can ONLY come to the US once the petition is approved.And for the records,the petition to immigrate a parent can take up to 2 years or longer

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
          Jessie,
          listen to your question,how can a parent already live in the US if you wanna immigrate them to the US lol, makes no sence.
          They can ONLY come to the US once the petition is approved.And for the records,the petition to immigrate a parent can take up to 2 years or longer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HBKHBK;
          Thank you for your reply.
          The Daughter of the Immigrant has lived in the US for a # of years and became a USC sometime ago. Her Mother is the one she petitioned to Immigrate here. She the daughter lives in another state and the Mother the Immigrate now is living in my sons home with the granddaughter [ wife of my son] of the Immigrate.

I also wonder why she is able to receive Public Assistance having being here only a couple of months.
          Thanks Jessie

Comment

Not sure what's your question about; Are you trying to figure out why and how she is getting PA or how she managed to come to US.
            It's just my opinion. NOT a leagl advice.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation