Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa process hiccup/ Advice sought

I'm in the process of filing for an AOS, my wife is due to give birth soon and everything was going according to plan.

But, here's the hilarious part. The police went to my parents home in the UK and said they have a warrant for my arrest for a non-serious crime that I supposedly committed 4 years ago.

Well, I wasn't in the UK 4 years ago, I was in the US on my H1B visa working my *** off as I have been since 1999. I've never returned home once in this time.

I've never been in trouble in my life,
    except for a caution for being for punched in a bar? (Made no sense to me either)

I have no way of going back to sort this out right now, my lawyer's advice is not to leave and other than that she says "I don't know enough about British law".

So "pants", this is an awful predicament and I should either keep quiet about it or try to do something about it asap.

Thoughts?

I'm in the process of filing for an AOS, my wife is due to give birth soon and everything was going according to plan.

But, here's the hilarious part. The police went to my parents home in the UK and said they have a warrant for my arrest for a non-serious crime that I supposedly committed 4 years ago.

Well, I wasn't in the UK 4 years ago, I was in the US on my H1B visa working my *** off as I have been since 1999. I've never returned home once in this time.

I've never been in trouble in my life,
    except for a caution for being for punched in a bar? (Made no sense to me either)

I have no way of going back to sort this out right now, my lawyer's advice is not to leave and other than that she says "I don't know enough about British law".

So "pants", this is an awful predicament and I should either keep quiet about it or try to do something about it asap.

Thoughts?

Comment

Assuming you have documentary proof that you were in the US at the time, I would suggest you send a copy of that you your mother and have her send that on to the police. I can only assume its a case of mistaken identity. Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation