Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overstayed and worked with auth

I am impressed with this sites response. Ihave a situation and would like to get an advise on it pleaase.
    I overstayed my VWP for 28 days and worked without a work authorisation. I was refused entry the last time i tried to visit and was asked to acquire a visa the next time i would like to visit. I was not banned for the 3 / 10 yrs. In this case what are my best chances and do I stand a chance of ever visiting the USA again, I worked becus i travelled with my girlfriend and as she was 7 months pregnant was not allowed back on our returned flight and so had to stay with a friend and give birth, hence me working without the authorisation.
    Please advise. thank you

I am impressed with this sites response. Ihave a situation and would like to get an advise on it pleaase.
    I overstayed my VWP for 28 days and worked without a work authorisation. I was refused entry the last time i tried to visit and was asked to acquire a visa the next time i would like to visit. I was not banned for the 3 / 10 yrs. In this case what are my best chances and do I stand a chance of ever visiting the USA again, I worked becus i travelled with my girlfriend and as she was 7 months pregnant was not allowed back on our returned flight and so had to stay with a friend and give birth, hence me working without the authorisation.
    Please advise. thank you

Comment

Hi Bflava,

did immigration officer write anything in your passport? some numbers and letters?

were you refused because of overstay, or you explained your situation and told them you were working for a while?

what would be a reason for visiting the US in the future? What kind of ties do you have in your home country (job, family..)? what about in the US?

All of the above and more plays the role in getting or not getting visa in the future.

Comment

to bflava: why should the embassy believe anything you say? You have already shown that you have zero respect for our laws....as soon as any half-a$$ed excuse surfaced, you overstayed and worked. Why should our embassy in your country believe that you will respect our laws in the future? Your credibility has gone down the toilet and won't be restored by saying ..."gosh, I'm really sorry and I promise I won't do it again..." yea, right. There was nothing stopping you from returning to your country (and your alleged 'job') within just a few weeks, but instead, you decided to stay and work (using any excuse at your fingertips)...so, why would anyone believe that you would not return to the same job you had the last time? Just because you say..."oh, no, I would never do that..." what horse manure.
        I imagine it will be a long while before anyone has any confidence in anything you say. No one to blame, but yourself.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation