Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had my AOS interview today. Is approval/rejection instant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is an undeniable fact that I am the nicest and most helpful person here and I am full of love and kindness. You can not dispute this. I am number 1 ILW member. Everyone loves me.

Comment

LMAO!!!
      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
        LMAO!!!

Comment

International Perception, lifestyles, Communication Is Different. Much Is Inside Humor within many Americans.

I strongly believe SOM Is Very Intelligent!! NOT RACIAL!!! A Very quick thinker, and A character that requires Living in America (American values) to Understand. Excellent Humor. I would wager 20k that others would Never Believe if they saw the Real SOM. Som is a very Smart Man with A Very unique Character and ability!!!

Inside Humor, Gotta Know, Live American to comprehend.

Example: Gene Simmons

Check out Gene, What you thought????
          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

It is an undeniable fact that I am the nicest and most helpful person here and I am full of love and kindness. You can not dispute this. I am number 1 ILW member. Everyone loves me.
            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

USCIS will not delay a case to "SEE WHAT HAPPENS". That's why they give people 2 year conditional green cards. The fact that they didn't tell you the "truth" but immediately did an about face when a lawyer gets involved is quite normal with USCIS. Your file was most probably sitting in a file drawer somewhere, the officer you interviewed left the department or USCIS and finally when the lawyer called, they found the file. The new officer looking at your case wanted more evidence and sent the request. Unfortunately, they give short time-frames for this type of request b/c they wrongly ASSUME that if the marriage or any case is legitimate, then there should be no problem in getting the documents fast. Unfortunately, you were one of the very unlucky folks who got caught in the USCIS web.

Comment

what i have learned in the country is the IRS and Immigration are the two higher powers and they both work at their own speed some people seem to get everything processed and approved real quick with INS and other can be slower plus there are so many that marry are not genuine that they take their time .. in their responses
                Originally posted by davdah:
                It wasn't that you were lied to. There was something that provoked them to put it on hold. It may have been your income level, that it fit the profile of a 'for profit husband'. Perhaps it was your age difference. It might have been something to do with where she came from. It could have been any number of things. When they do, it is to see if the marriage would stand the test of time.

Most of the people who's post get a lot of attention are those with definable and understood problems. No one can help with something obscure and buried within the unwritten rules of USCIS. Just like anything else when dealing with government, hurry up and wait, LOL.
                Regards and thanks,
                Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

ok so when an person marrys a us citizen are they 1st give a two year conditional green card and after that the one for 10 years ????
                  Originally posted by Mrs. Mani:
                  USCIS will not delay a case to "SEE WHAT HAPPENS". That's why they give people 2 year conditional green cards. The fact that they didn't tell you the "truth" but immediately did an about face when a lawyer gets involved is quite normal with USCIS. Your file was most probably sitting in a file drawer somewhere, the officer you interviewed left the department or USCIS and finally when the lawyer called, they found the file. The new officer looking at your case wanted more evidence and sent the request. Unfortunately, they give short time-frames for this type of request b/c they wrongly ASSUME that if the marriage or any case is legitimate, then there should be no problem in getting the documents fast. Unfortunately, you were one of the very unlucky folks who got caught in the USCIS web.
                  Regards and thanks,

Comment

ok so when an person marrys a us citizen are they 1st give a two year conditional green card and after that the one for 10 years ????
                    Hi Mary,

Yes, the 10 year green card comes after 2 years of marriage. If the spouse and immigrant have already been married for 2 years when permanent residence is granted, then the immigrant gets the 10 year card with no conditions.

Hope this helps.

Comment

well said
                      Originally posted by Babybeh:
                      Sonofmichael please find your sausage and get lost please!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Regards and thanks,

Comment

im sure he is but he can be quiet hurtful and insulting If God gave him intellegence he did not mean for him to use it in this negative way and at the expense of others ..
                        Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
                        International Perception, lifestyles, Communication Is Different. Much Is Inside Humor within many Americans.

I strongly believe SOM Is Very Intelligent!! NOT RACIAL!!! A Very quick thinker, and A character that requires Living in America (American values) to Understand. Excellent Humor. I would wager 20k that others would Never Believe if they saw the Real SOM. Som is a very Smart Man with A Very unique Character and ability!!!

Inside Humor, Gotta Know, Live American to comprehend.

Example: Gene Simmons

Check out Gene, What you thought????
                        Regards and thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by The Philosopher:
                          Doesn't seem many people cared about this post, but I wanted to update it anyway in case there are others out there who are or might some day be in the same boat as my wife and I.

First, I'm FINALLY happy to report that my wife is a permanent resident! We filed in February 2007 and had our interview in June 2007. At which point, as you may have read in my original post, our officer (her name is Amber Vasek) told us she would have a decision within a week. A week later we got nothing. A month later, nothing. A year later, still nothing. Two years later, absolutely nothing. Finally two years and a month and a half later, my wife FINALLY gets the acceptance letter.

This whole experience has been awful. When we first had our interview, we were excited about getting the results a week after the interview as officer Vasek promised. However, we never, ever received anything from her...ever! We went to infopass nearly 2 dozen times during the last two years. We called USCIS and put in a service request 4 times. Each time, we received the same generic letter. The 90 days always came and went without any word from officer Vasek or USCIS. Each letter was worded the exact same way with the exact same amount of time. Everyone who deals with USCIS should take note that the letters are plain lies to keep you quiet for an extra 90 days.

We contacted several of our representatives in our state after we waited without a word from USCIS for over a year. That, unfortunately, did us no good since all they can do is put in a congressional inquiry and after several of those, we noticed that even our congressmen were lied to. That is, they each received the exact same letter claiming that the case was with another department (supposedly DHS) and could not be ruled on until they got it back from that department. Each letter was identical and each claimed it was a security issue.

Finally, after nearly two years of waiting and paying to renew my wife's employment authorization document multiple times at nearly $340 a year, we decided to get a lawyer to see about a writ of mandamus. Well, the lawyer advised us not to do it because it was not very likely to work with an I-485 case. It was far more successful in N-400 (Citizenship) cases. Instead, the lawyer contacted our field office and our officer directly and demanded a REAL status update rather than those fake generic letters filled with lies they are accustomed to sending. To our great surprise USCIS finally responded with a real, personal letter. We found our that the case had never been in another department as USCIS had claimed! It was a complete and utter bald-faced lie! How is it legal for them to lie to my representative and me? It's truly infuriating!

Anyway, in addition to finding out that the lies were simply delay tactics, we also received a list with 13 different items we needed to send to USCIS before they could finally rule on our case. Here are some of the highlights of the list:

1) All copies of W-2s and taxes for both my wife and I from 2008 and 2009.
                          2) A notarized signed affidavit from my employer detailing his knowledge of my marriage to my wife, including a list of my emergency contacts. Luckily my employer is a very good person and didn't hesitate to do as they asked but imagine if my employer lived in another state or was on vacation or was too busy to go to a notary after work as a favor for me?
                          3) Two notarized letters, one from each of my parents stating in as much detail as possible their knowledge of our marriage.
                          4) A copy of each page of all our bank accounts (including any blank pages) for the last year.
                          5) A copy of our rental agreement, our previous rental agreement, and the last rental agreement I had before we even met. Yes, you read that right, they asked me for a copy of the rental agreement I signed years ago before I even met my wife. Lucky for me I'm a pack rat and had it but that's absolutely ludicrous to ask for that.

I'll leave out the rest of the ridiculous list. I'm surprised they didn't ask me for a notarized letter explaining why my wife and I didn't have children yet! Here is the kicker: they sat on our case and lied to us and our representatives in congress for well over two years AFTER the interview but as soon as our lawyer contacted them directly, they replied except they did not give us a lot of time to gather all the documents they requested. No, no, that would be too fair. No, instead they gave us 7 days to get my wife re-fingerprinted and only 3 weeks to gather all of the documents: three weeks! They sit on this and lie to us for over two years and then they give us arbitrary deadlines of 7 days and 3 weeks or they drop our case. Like I said before, we had everything and our employers and my parents were more than happy to help so we turned everything in within two weeks but I still feel their arbitrary short deadlines are wholly unfair and ridiculous.

In any case, finally, after this whole ordeal, we received the welcome notice last week and the green card is on it's way. I wanted to share my experience for a couple of reasons. First, I know there must be many other couples out there in similar situations and I wanted to let you all know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if that tunnel is unjustly long. Second, to voice the fact that USCIS and Officer Amber Vasek are blatant liars! This system must change, this cannot be the right way to do things. Our lives have been on hold for two years because of their willful negligence. My wife has not been able to get in-state residency for school due to her status prior to the approval of the I-485 so we could not afford to send her to school and we want to wait until she is done with school to have kids so we had to wait until this got resolved before we could move on with our plans. It cannot be that the only way to get USCIS's attention is through lawyers and it cannot be/should not be legal for them to send letter stating complete falsehoods to me (a US Citizen) and my congressional representatives.

Good luck to you all and God bless!
                          I like the tone of Someone12 when he responds to this kind of posts. In S12's spirit (but from slightly different angle) , one should have started reply to you with something like "You dimwit idiot, why didn't you go ahead and file WOM right away? Who gives a c.rap if it gets denied, at least there would be some movement and if your wife had to be denied or removed she wouldn't have to waste anymore time uselessly , while in most cases WOM would result in an automatic approval".

But I am not S12. The only thing I note is that people who use term "God bless" are usually "Hallelujah Jesus!" singing fraudsters (You must be a fraudster to believe in XXI century that God impregnated mere woman to make himself appear as a Human SO he could KILL IT as a sacrifice before HIMSELF in order to forgive the sins of other b.asdards who claim to believe in Him and continue doing what they claim God condemns).

Anyhow, I am glad she finally got approved.

All the best.
                          [IMG:left]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_71xng3bfgYI/TTr2VioHvHI/AAAAAAAAAF8/S3D_j5sPwTo/s1600/62846660_Dali.jpg[/IMG] [i]When Andre Breton discovered for himself my paintings, he was clearly shocked by excremental details polluting it. I was surprised.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation