Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver- N400 approval timeframe

I had my citizenship interview/test on 9/1/04 in Denver. I passed them but the INS officer said a decision can't be made about my app since my security check hasn't been completed. He claimed I should get a swearing in notice about 11/04.

I patiently waited until 4/6/05 and called the INS Customer Service number to ask about my status. The rep said my receipt number comes back as "can't be found" so she filed a status inquiry form with Denver. The letter I received from them stated, "Your FBI name check is still pending. You will be notified to when your swearing in ceremony will be once the FBI name check has cleared."

So, here I am, almost a year after passing my interview, waiting for my swearing in date. I feel like I can do some swearing on my own at this point.

The kicker is, my coworker, who also is applying for her N400, had her interview in July 2005 in Denver and she said her swearing in ceremony is in Sept 2005. What gives?

Should I be concerned about why it's taking so long for me? I feel like something happened to my application and I'm just waiting for nothing.

I had my citizenship interview/test on 9/1/04 in Denver. I passed them but the INS officer said a decision can't be made about my app since my security check hasn't been completed. He claimed I should get a swearing in notice about 11/04.

I patiently waited until 4/6/05 and called the INS Customer Service number to ask about my status. The rep said my receipt number comes back as "can't be found" so she filed a status inquiry form with Denver. The letter I received from them stated, "Your FBI name check is still pending. You will be notified to when your swearing in ceremony will be once the FBI name check has cleared."

So, here I am, almost a year after passing my interview, waiting for my swearing in date. I feel like I can do some swearing on my own at this point.

The kicker is, my coworker, who also is applying for her N400, had her interview in July 2005 in Denver and she said her swearing in ceremony is in Sept 2005. What gives?

Should I be concerned about why it's taking so long for me? I feel like something happened to my application and I'm just waiting for nothing.

Comment

You should write a letter to the person who interviewed you. Name of the officer should be on the corner of the paper he/she gave you at the time of interview. Only he/she should be able to advise. INS computer system does not show N-400 statys.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation