Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the interview ever come?

I am a US citizen living in London and my husband and I want to move back to live and work in the US. We are processing our application with the US embassy in London. Our I130 has been approved and we returned our "ready for interview" paperwork the day we received that letter. My husband has had his medical, all we are waiting for is the notification for our interview. Despite being told we would be receiving notification in 4-6 weeks it's now been 8 weeks and we've heard nothing. We've also phoned the very expensive visa helpline which hasn't been very helpful at all.

Has anyone experienced this same issue or know anything about how long we can expect to wait for our interview?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

I am a US citizen living in London and my husband and I want to move back to live and work in the US. We are processing our application with the US embassy in London. Our I130 has been approved and we returned our "ready for interview" paperwork the day we received that letter. My husband has had his medical, all we are waiting for is the notification for our interview. Despite being told we would be receiving notification in 4-6 weeks it's now been 8 weeks and we've heard nothing. We've also phoned the very expensive visa helpline which hasn't been very helpful at all.

Has anyone experienced this same issue or know anything about how long we can expect to wait for our interview?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Moosehayes,

Check out http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php or http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

There are many posts from US-UK couples going through London embassy (Visajourney has somewhere timelines for London embassy). Good luck.

Comment

Aneri,

When I was in Egypt, I got stuch there for 9 months (I lived in the US since 1993, and I had an H-1 visa) and my husband and I thought of using time to start Green Card procedures over there...We were advised not to do so, since interviews are not so frequent and they can change quite easily from time to time..This would have maent that my husband who is a full blooded American would have to go and come back several times and the process would take 2-?? years...My lawyer thought it would be easier to go back to the US and start procedures there..When I got back I took my medical and so on, but it has been a year since I started and still no Green Card..I had an interview and the officer said he would approve it, but till this day things are atking time..Don't worry, you guys have better chances then people like me from the Middle-East. That's the truth. Be patient.

Comment

SORRY ABOUT THE NAME : MESSAGE WAS FOR YOU MOOSEHAYES

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs