Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rude and unethical lawyer

I recently communicated by e-mail with a lawyer in Nevada. I got his name from the website. He wanted me to call him because there's a charge for initial consultation. I politely asked him if he could help me or could do the job before I decide to proceed. He already had all the information from me and my question could be answered simply by a yes or no. Instead of treating me with understanding, below were his comments word for word. I wish to get your opinion about his behavior. Thanks.

"You want something for nothing. Your self concerned, self centered and narcissistic. You care nothing about my children, my wife, or anything but yourself. Have a nice evening yourself. You spend a half hour analyzing someone's stuff for nothing, because that is what your opinions are worth. Have a nice evening yourself you self piteous user.... You caused your problems, no fix them for free!

I have volunteered, I still do, in fact I finished a twelve hours of pro bono work with morning, you pathetic little man."
    JEG

I recently communicated by e-mail with a lawyer in Nevada. I got his name from the website. He wanted me to call him because there's a charge for initial consultation. I politely asked him if he could help me or could do the job before I decide to proceed. He already had all the information from me and my question could be answered simply by a yes or no. Instead of treating me with understanding, below were his comments word for word. I wish to get your opinion about his behavior. Thanks.

"You want something for nothing. Your self concerned, self centered and narcissistic. You care nothing about my children, my wife, or anything but yourself. Have a nice evening yourself. You spend a half hour analyzing someone's stuff for nothing, because that is what your opinions are worth. Have a nice evening yourself you self piteous user.... You caused your problems, no fix them for free!

I have volunteered, I still do, in fact I finished a twelve hours of pro bono work with morning, you pathetic little man."
    JEG

Comment

what do you expect from a "profession" that preys on people, and extracts huge sums of money from them for doing nothing?
      Immigration attorneys are no different than that other slimey 'profession' - TV evangelists.
      Look at the similarities: Both promise something they cannot deliver (a front row seat in heaven or a green card), both fleece their respective flocks in the process (either through "love gifts" or billable hours), both quote from a particular book to justify their greed (the bible or some law book) and neither have the power nor authority to do what they say.

Comment

Beautiful explanation, Someone12, bravo!

Comment

This is funny thread

The best advise is find and consult some other attorney.

Comment

MacyuHoo, show us the text you sent to the gangster to pi_ss him off so badly.

Comment

MacyuHoo, show us the text you sent to the gangster to pi_ss him off so badly.

Previous Topic | Next Topic powered by eve community
              Thanks for your comforting words and understanding, pals. In order to remind others who might experience the same fate, I'm sharing the lawyer's name who even has a website: Atty. Jon Eric Garde practicing in Nevada.

Comment

Lawyers are the most ethical peoples in the world !!!! You can't get good services for nothing ! What if I asked you to mow my lawn for free ? !!!

Comment

But don't get me wrong dude...I was not trying to avoid paying the consultation fee. I wanted to know first if he could handle the case. He wanted a phone call so that he could charge it to my credit card when he could easily say it on e-mail if he could do the job. When I expressed my displeasure, he wrote me those nasty letters that I've shared with you.

Comment

Did lawyer charge you a fee and filed petition you didn't qualify for or engage in any other unlawful activity that is against Lawyers Code of Ethics?
                    If answer is YES then go for it - contact the Bar Association and local Grievance Committee and do your best to bring him/her to justice.
                    I can help anyone in such circumstances with exact instructions what to do.

Otherwise, if someone just refused to assist you for free, then leave him/her alone and move on!
                    Don't be a fool!
                    (In fact you are in violation of libeling law if the name of the attorney is real - he can sue you if he sees what you wrote and feels unduly insulted on public board for refusing to take your case - which was his/her unquestionable right).

IE

Comment

So let him sue me. What I did was to warn people about his unethical behavior. That way, if people are looking for one in Nevada they know.

Comment

i salute to your reply someone 12,most of them are but not all, but of course i have my own experience with the first lawyer that we hired, demand that we give him all $1700 on our first initial consultation,even called me a day before the meeting to tell me if we have the full amount ready by tomorrow, guess what?? took alll our money and pass the paper work few days late of the due date, and for that we were denied.For that we hired another lawyer to file an appeal for us, this time the lawyer seems to really know what he is doing.People watch out for those lawyers, there are still some who treats you with respect and will listen to your story for a lot less money.

Comment

Thanks. It was just to warn unsuspecting prospective clients. Actually, we communicated by e-mail and even if I could sense that he could provide me with the anwers, he insisted that I call him by phone saying there's a $75 phone consultation fee. I'm sure his answers would be the same as in e-mail. He just wants money. But, that's not the point. I wanted to know if he could handle the case. If he cannot, why should I call him and pay him? It resulted in his sending me those nasty comments that I initially posted here.

Comment

Amazing,

I am a father of three, with a heavy case load, who always works six days a week and often seven, and never 65 hours per week. The author of this post wants me to read a three or four long paragraph fact pattern, much longer than most, and answer whether I can help, before he pays a consultation fee. I tell him no, and the insults start piling on, indicating, his needs are indeed all that matters... hmmm. Note that he excerpts my cold water issued to him to wake him up, but he left out the entire thread, including his initial post. Rude, when necessary; but, whose inethical, immoral, and frankly in need of much more than legal help? Hmmm.

Well, one lawyer warned him to be careful or he can be sued. I've dealt with him for fifteen minutes of my life replying to him, before I replied "stop stalking me", wherein, I was corrected, I'm not stalking you, I'm harrassing you, and was scolded for failing to know the difference... Hmmm. At that point, my replies ended, and he started working on you all.

Sue him? No. I don't want to help him, even if he could be paid. I'm not poor, but am hardly rich, and life is too short to form relationships, including professional relationships, without distinction. I love what I do, care about my clients, and I'm selective and VERY busy. So, this fellow is doing me a favor. Anyone who buys his stuff without digging very close to the surface is noone who I want to work for.

It's Saturday, I'm working from home researching late breaking changes in Immigration law and attending to my client's inquires, between driving my kids to various activies, and reviwing files for the rest of my Saturday. I took last week end off, so, I'm working tomorrow. In this context, this communication constitutes about ten minutes of unpaid time, but, I was warned by kind and caring counsel, Claire D. Nilson, Esq., that the originator of this post was slandering me. So be it. What he did post as to what I said is self evident upon reading the entire thread and in light of the whole context of this conversation, I hold by it, and, anyone who buys it can respond to their hearts content. I'll be elsewhere, including serving the ILW community, free of charge, as a commentator.

JEG

Comment

Have you heard of the King De la Mat, Esq.?
                              (Also the Founder and Chairman of "De la Mat" Foundation !)

He is my attorney and very close buddy, so if anyone need any help just let me know !

IE

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed