Clear All

• Julie
    replied
    born in america *****, thats one up on you

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    and you are a b i t c h.

By the way it was not my wife who turned gay, but rather JohnDoe's...

Leave a comment:

• Julie
    replied
    aguila straight up you are just a jerk...cant imagine why your wife turned gay

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    Julie:

Why did you get upset? I did not suggest any book because I don't know of any. I would like to get one too but even a retard would know that a book on immigration so old dated would be useless since immigration laws change so often.

I don't care what you or anyone in this board think about me, but you must understand that I did not intend to offend you, but instead help the original poster of this thread.

Jo:

I do a lot of C&P from BIA decisions that are available on www.uscis.gov, and I have several times given all the Decision ID's of all the cases I have cited.

I also read a lot 8 CFR or the INA which they are available in almost its entirety also from www.uscis.gov

Leave a comment:

• FSN
    replied
    You can look into this web also.
    www.aila.org

Leave a comment:

• the best search engine
    replied
    The best is Immigration Procedures Handbook. You can buy from something West, priced about US$ 330. You can't get from Amazon. I was bidding from ebay for 2003 edition at $56.00, at last few seconds I was outbid at price $57.00. I really what that book ( comes 3 volumes). anyone have it. I pay $57.00 and plus shipping.

Leave a comment:

• marmaduk
    replied
    Another vote for Julie's suggestion. Maybe I will buy it one of these days instead of borrowing

Leave a comment:

• josephine schmo
    replied
    I agree with Julie.

Aguila does lots of C & P here, but doesn't reveal his source.

Leave a comment:

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    Well, I suggest the classic... 2004 Edition Immigration Procedures Handbook by Austin T. Fragomen, Jr., Alfred J. Del Rey, Jr., and Steven C. Bell. This is the bible of immigration and an excellent reference with easy to use templates. I think you may search Amazon for it or go on aila.org to see if they have it available.

Leave a comment:

• Ghost
    replied
    On this website itself there are tons of resources plus thread. I assume you also want to know procedures and by doing quick searches on here you can prob find most of your answer.

Another method will be to subscribe to newsletter as most of the times they give the updated laws. Most books out there are in the late 90's but if you want to get out of it cheap (because some books can be pretty expensive), get a newsletter type subscription.

If you have specific questions, you can ask here and we could point you towards what you need to look at. Remember here we give advice, not the actual rules but we can be helpful is directing you on issues you want to know about.

Leave a comment:

• Julie
    replied
    aguila, what is your suggestion? just figured you would talk crap about my suggestion, but you dont have anything to give him? i'll save my comments about what i think of you

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    They have some really nice "subscription" type books for Employment law. You receive a book with basic laws and then receive updates, recent rulings,etc. on a monthly or quarterly basis. It would be nice to have one of those for Immigration law!

[This message was edited by Still Learning on February 09, 2004 at 11:13 PM.]

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    Just by looking at the year of that book I don't think it would be a good choice since Immigration Law changes so rapidly and almost 10 years have gotten gone since Julie's suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• Julie
    replied
    Immigration Law and the Family (Hardcover, 1995)
    Author: Elisabeth S. Stickney, Sarah Ignatius

Leave a comment:

• Graeme
    replied
    I am a English lawyer who gets the occasional question on US immigration law from clients. I have some basic books on the subject, but can somebody recommend a decent, comprehensive (and reasonably cheap) guide, possible loof-leaf with updates and lots of info on work permits and family immigration.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed