•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquirer
    replied
    hello,
    can anybody tell me if i have an EAD and Advance Parole document with a pending Adjustment of status..do i need a transit visa? i checked up the application form for transit visa and they need valid US Visa...my visa is expired. what am i supposed to do?

Leave a comment:

• Raju
    replied
    Hi Pasha,
    Yes you are right. I just called the German consulate today and they said I need a transit visa. So anyway I guess more $47 bucks. The list never ends. If I had my Green card none of this would be necessary. Oh well what can one do right? Anyway thanks so much for your info.
    Raju

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hi Raju...

here is the information about german transit visa...I guess u might need to apply for one...kindly check with german embassy...Pasha

http://www.germany.info/relaunch/inf...t.html#except4

If you are an Indian citizen...these are the exemptions for transit visa..

If you hold

a)a residence title of a member state of the European Union or a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA, i.e. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or

b)a residence permit of Andorra, Japan, Canada, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland or the USA

you do not need a transit visa

c)Airport transit travelers who are holding a valid visa for the USA (an approval notice is not sufficient), Canada or Switzerland, are not obliged to obtain an airport transit visa prior to departure. Until further notice for these travelers a "visa on arrival" will be issued by the competent authorities at the respective airport in Germany and no specific action is required from them to obtain an airport transit visa.

If you are still in doubt whether you need an airport transit visa, do not hesitate to call the German mission which serves your place of residence in the US.

Although this information has been prepared with utmost care, the we can not accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.

to find out where u can contact for information and apply for transit visa...

http://www.germany.info/relaunch/inf...onsulates.html

Good luck...Pasha

Leave a comment:

• Raju
    replied
    Hi Adam,
    Thank you so much for your response. Now that you said that Indian immigration might not know what a Advance Parole is you made me think a lot. And you might be right. Can you please explain what exactly you mean by your comment ="Write an email to the Consular Officer at Bombay US Consulate General and ask them if some one travel on AP will he be allowed to travel back to US, they must have this info".
    Thank you so much for your input.
    Raju

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    I dont think they stamp the visa at the Frankfurt Airport. It will be a wise move if you clear all matters before you travel.
    I am not sure if Indian Immigration knows about the Advance parole. In some countries thay don't know what is the AP, and they have sent passangers to the Embassies to get the letter that is is ok for this person to travel on this AP.
    Write an email to the Consular Officer at Bombay US Consulate General and ask them if some one travel on AP will he be allowed to tarvel back to US, they must have this info.

Leave a comment:

• Raju
    replied
    Hi Adam,
    Thank you so much for your response. Yes I will call the German consulate on Monday and hopefully they will know what Advance parole is and say that I wont need a transit visa since after all I will be just in the airport for few hours. I will also ask them IF unfortunately I need a visa then is there a way I can get it after arrival in Frankfurt airport. Anyway thank you for responding.

Raju

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Check with German Embassy, and explain to them
    What is Advance Parole, they can call the Immigration Service and findout, if you need a visa they can endorsed in your Indian Passport.

Leave a comment:

• Raju
    replied
    Hi Friends,
    I am a Indian citizen and my wife is USC. We are going to India in the month of Aug and I just bought my tickets today (Lufthansa). We have a stop over in Frankfurt Germany. My question is do I need a Transit visa? I will be using my Advance parole to enter the US on my return. I know my wife doesn't need a German transit visa being a USC. But yes she has Indian visa. As always thank you so much friends. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Raju

Ps My current status in US is PENDING ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.
    I-485 (Pending Name check with FBI for more then 2 years actually everything else is cleared. Did everything talked to senators, congressman, FBI, INS results??? ZERO)

Leave a comment:

• Raju
    started a topic Do i need a German Transit Visa?? Please Help friends

Do i need a German Transit Visa?? Please Help friends

Hi Friends,
    I am a Indian citizen and my wife is USC. We are going to India in the month of Aug and I just bought my tickets today (Lufthansa). We have a stop over in Frankfurt Germany. My question is do I need a Transit visa? I will be using my Advance parole to enter the US on my return. I know my wife doesn't need a German transit visa being a USC. But yes she has Indian visa. As always thank you so much friends. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Raju

Ps My current status in US is PENDING ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.
    I-485 (Pending Name check with FBI for more then 2 years actually everything else is cleared. Did everything talked to senators, congressman, FBI, INS results??? ZERO)
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney