Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not valid for employment SS#

In 1989 I got a SS# but on it is written valid only with INS authorization. Anyone knows what happens what would happen if I use that SS# to work?
    Employers pay social security as you kow and goes to SSA.
    Would Social security say this it not valid for emplyoment and report me to immigration?
    I would appreciate serious reponses
    thanks
    John

In 1989 I got a SS# but on it is written valid only with INS authorization. Anyone knows what happens what would happen if I use that SS# to work?
    Employers pay social security as you kow and goes to SSA.
    Would Social security say this it not valid for emplyoment and report me to immigration?
    I would appreciate serious reponses
    thanks
    John

Comment

you didn't hear it here, but nothing happens.

it's jut to *force* employers to ask for ins documents when you apply for a job.

SSA only sends a letter back to the employer if your ss was marked NOT valid for employment.

-= nav =-

Comment

I am sure what you mean. If SSA sends a letter back to the employer that the SS# is marked not valid for employement and continue working dont you think they would report me to INS?
        J

Comment

Originally posted by john100:
          I am sure what you mean. If SSA sends a letter back to the employer that the SS# is marked not valid for employement and continue working dont you think they would report me to INS?
          J

I meant I not what you mean...........

Comment

Originally posted by moondin:
            you didn't hear it here, but nothing happens.

it's jut to *force* employers to ask for ins documents when you apply for a job.

SSA only sends a letter back to the employer if your ss was marked NOT valid for employment.

-= nav =-

I am meant I anot sure what you mean...........

Comment

Well, you're not authorized to work unless you have expressed permission by INS to work, that's what the SS card is saying. Of course, you could go and work and as long as nobody checks on the actual ss card it would be conceivable for quite some time. But by law you'd be in violation, which can in my opinion cause you great problems down the road when you're attempting to adjust your status. If no waivers are available for your case later (say for an employement based or Diversity Lotto visa), that could be the one and only decisive factor that would hinder your future here in the U.S. Make good, and long-term oriented decisions! Good luck!

Comment

sooo many people work and pay taxes with ssn's marked not for employment it isn't even funny.

yeah, they might send letters -- but employers just throw 'em in the garbage and SSA honestly "looks the other way" cuz they're gettin' tax money out of it. and states don't care, cuz they want that money.

so u do the math.

-= nav =-

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora:
                  Well, you're not authorized to work unless you have expressed permission by INS to work, that's what the SS card is saying. Of course, you could go and work and as long as nobody checks on the actual ss card it would be conceivable for quite some time. But by law you'd be in violation, which can in my opinion cause you great problems down the road when you're attempting to adjust your status. If no waivers are available for your case later (say for an employement based or Diversity Lotto visa), that could be the one and only decisive factor that would hinder your future here in the U.S. Make good, and long-term oriented decisions! Good luck!

I am not sure your argument is valid because so many people worked illegally and then they have legal residence
                  j

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora:
                    I dont believe your argement is right because so many people work with valid invalid or what have you SS# and when is time for them to become legalized nothing else matters.
                    J

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed