Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending AOS

Hello. I have been waiting for more than 18 months since we (my wife and me had our interview). My wife is the US citizen. No decision has been received by us. We filed with the local district office in san francisco. I have visited the local office many times, written inquiries to them and even approached the local congressperson's office.
    All in vain. The local immigration office tells me it is taking very long, no reason given, and that everything is in order, paperwork etc. So, I am uncertain as to what the status is. I cannot check updates online since my case was filed with the local office and not a service center. Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.

Hello. I have been waiting for more than 18 months since we (my wife and me had our interview). My wife is the US citizen. No decision has been received by us. We filed with the local district office in san francisco. I have visited the local office many times, written inquiries to them and even approached the local congressperson's office.
    All in vain. The local immigration office tells me it is taking very long, no reason given, and that everything is in order, paperwork etc. So, I am uncertain as to what the status is. I cannot check updates online since my case was filed with the local office and not a service center. Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

here what you should do.
      solution1: go to your congressman's office, which your all paperwork. your current addresss should be update if you moved while in process. ask them to get an answer, give the approx date for metrics done.

Solution 2: trip to Immigration with one written Enquiry request in your hand. ask for the supervisor because you are waiting for long time.
      when talking to supervisor. tell him politely that you are waiting for long time and district office should have andswer by now, other wise you will asking to force the decision with the evidence that you enqired many times.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Hi,
        i had the same situation i filed in local office of las vegas but after 15 months i got another letter for second interview. same like u i went to the immigration office so many times and unable to check online status. but i heared from somebody if u apply for adnavce parole the file will come up and get the decision or something and it happened 100% in my case i applied for the AP on sep 14 and got notice in the last of sept that come on 6th oct and pick ur AP and on the same day when i checked my mail i got letter for interview. best of luck to u .
        can u plz share with me ur first interview.

Comment

sorry i just read ur message. can u tell me wat s ur date of interview mine is on nov 2nd. our last interview was also just for 15 min he just asked us where we met, when we got married, and some questions abt my landlord. then he took my first wife's death certificate, house lease, apartment lease, advance parole. tehn he said i will mail u decision and now after 15 months i got letter for another interview.
          Dr can u plz tell me did they request you new madical or physical exam in the letter. coz tehy just asked me for teh tax returns for teh 2004 and i m suspisous abt medical exam, but i submitted one during my first interview.
          plz whenever u done with ur interview post it on teh site. coz i m so scared.

Comment

That is an awfully long time to wait without an answer. How about hiring a lawyer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation