Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green hold has child outside of usa??

my friend green card holder just had baby outside.Embassay told her that she does not need a visit visa for infant,only 3 months only.they told her once enter to usa then she will fill green card for the child in the airport.baby will get green card 6 months to year?is this true?will airplane question why no visa for baby?
    and when can child be citizen?onces the parent is citizen or does the infant has wait for 5 years as permanent resident????

my friend green card holder just had baby outside.Embassay told her that she does not need a visit visa for infant,only 3 months only.they told her once enter to usa then she will fill green card for the child in the airport.baby will get green card 6 months to year?is this true?will airplane question why no visa for baby?
    and when can child be citizen?onces the parent is citizen or does the infant has wait for 5 years as permanent resident????

Comment

Is one parent or both both parents green card holders?

Or is one parent a USC?
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

only one parent is green card holder,the other is still outside the country no green card is file as yet.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zma210:
          and when can child be citizen?onces the parent is citizen or does the infant has wait for 5 years as permanent resident???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know about the airline (can call and ask) but yes, some children do not need visa to enter the USA; here are the instructions they have at POE

"Children may be admitted as new immigrants without presenting an immigrant visa under two circumstances:

1. A child born to an accompanying parent after issuance of an immigrant visa to the parent but prior to the parent's initial admission as an immigrant (XA); or

2.A child, under 2 years of age, born during a temporary absence of a lawful permanent resident mother
          if the child is accompanying the parent who is reentering the U.S. as a returning resident for the first time after the birth of the child (NA).

You must establish the relationship between parent and child, generally by a birth certificate (with English
          translation) and, of course, the admissibility of the parent. .... Verify the mother's LPR status using the Central Index System."

IO will order GC for child. GC production does not take 6 months to a year, more like 4 - 6 weeks. Child become a citizen when parent naturalizes.

Comment

If a Child is born to any Alien Resident of the United States* Green Card Holder). Child can travel within two years of his/her birth to US.

Embassy/Consulate will issue a returning resident visa for the child.
            The following documents will be attached to the Letter issued by the Consular Officer along with four photos of a child.
            Consular Officer will issue a letter attached copy of Green Card, copy of mothers Passport copy of Child's passport, will certified copy of child's birth certificate.
            Print four/five copies of all the documents. make five set of all
            1. Addres to the Officer at the Port of Entery,
            2. Copy to Airlines
            3. Copy to Immigration Control Port of Departure.
            4. Copy to Parents.
            5. Office Copy. at Embassy/Consulate.
            That's all they have to do It is in the 7 FAM Consular Officer should look into this matter. the Fee is I think now it must be $350.00

If any of the parent is U.S. Citizen then US Citizen can complete Affidavit of Physical Presence in the U.S. and time spend out of US.
            If U.S. Citizen parent has lived in U.S. for five years then the child will claim a U.S. Citizship.

Comment

What about the mother then? Can the mother come to USA with the child then?

Comment

If mother is already holding a I-551, (Green Card) then what is the problem.
                The child need to have his passport to travel.

Comment

zma210, What you need in this case more information on parents Status, and Citizenship. how long they are in foreign Country.
                  Do they have house, do they pay tax, place and date of birth of Child.
                  I hope I can give you the complete info on this matter.

I am not an Attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed