Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever become legal residents of the United States anytime soon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we ever become legal residents of the United States anytime soon?

My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We entered the US in 1982 on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

The US of A is our home sweet home.

We pray everyday for good news.

My wife and I are illegal aliens in the US. We entered the US in 1982 on tourist visas and we've never left. We both stayed and worked illegally. We now have our very own Indian restaurant and Indian grocery store.

We applied for the late amnesty (I-687) last year and we got our interview in August 2005. We still haven't heard anything yet.

We hope to hear from CIS soon on the status of our I-687. We hope it will be good news.

The US of A is our home sweet home.

We pray everyday for good news.

Comment

I hope they deport your butts.

Comment

why would you say that man?^

Comment

BECAUSE HE'S A MINUTE MAN HAT DISPISE IMMIGRANT- DONT PAY HIM NO MIND.

anyway,you should call cis and asked them about your case...I hink you have a great chance to get your application granted.

Comment

No, it's because I am a) An American citizen and b) a patriot. I don't want to see visa cheats be rewarded, no matter how many phony tears they cry, no matter how weepy and phony a story they try to weave.
            Bottom line: these scumbags lied to our government officials years ago when they applied for tourist visas....last time I checked, a tourist visa is for tourism, not for illegal work, and overstaying while whining about the "unfairness" of our laws.
            These cheats along with any of their law-violating relatives that are not USCs should be shipped back to their country and let those waiting their turn to immigrate LEGALLY to this country take their place.

Comment

Someone12, they admit to being illegal, but they ARE applying under an existing emnesty law, which will - if they are approved - enable them to become LPR and eventually US citizens. I am against illegal immigration as much as the next guy, but at this point they are working with the system legally and hoping to have their felony be forgiven.

It sounds like they established a successful business (and are probably providing a few jobs to some legal residents) and are generating tax and permit revenue that at the end of the day help society. Yes, they lied, and yes - it is a felony, and they probably deserve to be deported. Remember though that what they've done is considered a victimless crime. Some might say they are stealing jobs from Americans, others will say they are paying taxes but and yet because they are illegal they can't even benefit from those taxes. Either way, scumbags is a very harsh term, I would reserve it to real criminals.

Have a great day

Capt Shaq

Comment

capt,

They ARE real criminals. Every offense in immigration law is codified. That means that it exists in Federal law as a crime with penalties. Just because people are not charged frequently doesn't make it any less of a crime.

Comment

You're not much better, "Bronzelady." How many violations of DHS/CIS ethics guidelines are you committing by appearing on this website?

Comment

CaptShaq: these people lied to get visas and lied to our border folks. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they should be rewarded for this behavior. Perhaps you can explain why it is 'OK' to scam benefits from our government?
                    I'd really like to hear this.
                    These two are just like most visa cheats and border jumpers.....they scam their way to the US, then later 'suddenly' decide they want to be legal, but note, ONLY AFTER being in the US. They don't want to obey our rules when they are outside our country.
                    So, deport their sorry behinds, close their restaurant and send a clear message to future visa cheats.
                    If we don't punish those who commit fraud against our nation, where do we draw the line?

Comment

I wonder if they would have a problem with one of their restaurants' suppliers cheating them on an order. Just once in a while. Other than that they were a good supplier

Would they care if a regular customer one day left without paying?

What if their insurance company decided they would not pay a claim? Again, just once.

Comment

In my humble opinion, it all boils down to one issue. What happened that made them change their minds and overstay their visas? If nothing "important, beyond their control" happened that could change the course of actions, then this is nothing more than another case of misrepresentation of a material fact.
                        Keep in mind that economic opportunity and desire to prosper is not an excuse and these desires should be communicated to the CBP upon inspection.

Comment

it is hard to imagine that a near 20 year oversaty was caused by "reasons beyond their control'...sounds like their saga was planned from the outset....lie to get the visas, lie to enter the US.
                          One does not "forget" to go back to the airport on departure day.

Comment

someone12 go to hell....

Comment

ok someone12 now look !!!!
                              I guess you have a lot of time as USC to read and replay in immigration board.

I guess its a time to start be nice to other people , no one really care about what you are thinking and many people have they story and why they want to stay in the USA and beleave me without the immigrants you will have to work for 14 hr a day with rate or $6.75/hr.
                              so seat back and relax because non of these people are terrorist or criminal they just want a better life in they USA same as your parents or grand parents they shoule be immigrant too...

There is a law and I understand some break the law (and I guess you break the law at least one time in your life) and these people breake the law by choosing to stay in the US without permision but they didnt kill anybody or did anything wrong except break the immigration law one they overstay they VISA.

I understand you as USC because of Sept 11 and Im sorry about that , I agree the Govm. need to control the visitor system and control the people already in this country but you have to understand people after 25 years in the US will not just leave the US , They really looking for path for legal status but the problem is the LAW is broken and there is no way to do that.

PLEASE RELAX AND GIVE LITTLE OF RESPECT.
                              PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE THIS BOARD AND DO NOT REPLAY TO OUR QUESTIONS.

I UNDERSTAND THATS YOUR OPINION BUT SOMETIMES KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF AND WE DONT CARE WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE STORY !

PLEASE RELAX AND LEAVE THIS BOARD OR BE QUIET.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTANTION.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed