Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply family-based petition for my husband with overstayed tourist visa

I've been received US permanent residency for about 2 years, I realize I'll need to wait for 3 more years to get US citizenship so it's a bi easier for us. My husband has been overstayed for 2 years and all he wanted is to go back to school and pursue a degree. I'm not sure if there's a way so my husband will be able to go to school legally? Will family-based petition be possible ?

I've been received US permanent residency for about 2 years, I realize I'll need to wait for 3 more years to get US citizenship so it's a bi easier for us. My husband has been overstayed for 2 years and all he wanted is to go back to school and pursue a degree. I'm not sure if there's a way so my husband will be able to go to school legally? Will family-based petition be possible ?

Comment

tough one, guys?

Comment

as long as he has overstayed and not entered without inspection, current law will allow him to adjust status.

I believe that you can start this process now (although it may take longer since you are LPR, as opposed to USC).

If you get a chance post on www.immigrate2us.net under AOS. You should be able to get some more help there!

Comment

Thanks for your web reference, I appreciate it

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs