Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plz help me out

my father became a citizen in 2001, and then he applied a passport for him and ME,(I was under age of 18) I don't even know how they granted me us passport when I don't even have the certificate. and now, I tried to apply for my certificate, but got rejected b/c my parents were divorced after I received my passport, and immigration officer said that I don't have physical custody with my father, my mother(green cardholder) did. my question is am I a citizen? (I still have my green card) now do I have to apply for citizenship on my own

my father became a citizen in 2001, and then he applied a passport for him and ME,(I was under age of 18) I don't even know how they granted me us passport when I don't even have the certificate. and now, I tried to apply for my certificate, but got rejected b/c my parents were divorced after I received my passport, and immigration officer said that I don't have physical custody with my father, my mother(green cardholder) did. my question is am I a citizen? (I still have my green card) now do I have to apply for citizenship on my own

Comment

Wait till you reach 21 years old and you'd be okay. Keep your green card. It lasts you 10 years anyway.

Comment

I am 22 now, and my green card just expired

Comment

my question is am I a citizen?
          If you have U.S. passport then yes, you are. And you do not have to apply for a certificate of citizenship.

Comment

Please read the first post, you will understand how it works.
            You are a citizen of the United States.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed